LCD Displays... good bargains?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
velocity7

LCD Displays... good bargains?

Post by velocity7 »

http://www.logiccomputerhouse.com/site/ ... il&id=7950

Comes with the works, widescreen ratio, from RCA to Component inputs, VGA, 17". All for $600 CDN.

Anyone have any ideas on (possibly) better deals?
iatneH

Post by iatneH »

The price seems about the same as what I've seen in local stores for those kinds of LCD TV/Monitors. Think of it as having an XRGB-2 built-in, I guess...

I'm a bit reserved on widescreen models though, I don't know if it's a configuration problem, but on my friends' systems, 4:3 stuff don't display properly (and I believe tate would be messed as well).
velocity7

Post by velocity7 »

I'm pretty sure as an LG model that it has the ability to display 4:3 properly. That, and TATEing with LCDs is fine.
iatneH

Post by iatneH »

Go for it :)

Mine's rotatable, but it rotates the other way. And it won't work with my cheapie upscanner :(
japtor

Post by japtor »

dell's 20" displays can be had for around the same price i think, 4:3 or widescreen, us$400-500 if you catch a deal (under $400 for a while). much higher resolution though, since their main use is as a computer display, but they have the other video inputs as well (gotta use a separate speaker setup for sound though). search for dell coupons or dell deals or something in google and some pages should come up that keep track of all the random sales and discounts they pull off constantly.

[edit]...but they rotate the wrong way. so nevermind. unless you can get a separate rotating vesa mount, then it might work ok. a lot of lcds seem to rotate the wrong way.
mannerbot

Post by mannerbot »

2001FP is king, I'm getting one whenever Dell has a sale on them again. But what is this about the monitor rotating the wrong way? All of the images I've seen have been of them rotated clockwise?
iatneH

Post by iatneH »

Yup, mine rotates clockwise, while tate normally is a counter-clockwise rotation.

It's no big deal for MAME, but some games like Ikaruga, Psikyo shooting collection (I can only confirm vol.1), and probably some older games don't support clockwise rotation.
mannerbot

Post by mannerbot »

Oh, holy crap. The TV DOES tate counter-clockwise, haha. :P
velocity7

Post by velocity7 »

I'm being picky, but 2001FP is missing Component. :(
icycalm
Banned User

Post by icycalm »

Yeah that's my monitor. Good buy but quite a few of them have problems with the monitor going into sleep and not waking up.

Of course you can always send it back. It's just a bummer if it happens.