Saturn Model 2 Swap Trick help

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Fighter17
Banned User

Saturn Model 2 Swap Trick help

Post by Fighter17 »

This is for people who swap trick their games with a Model 2 Saturn.

I did the first part right, stwiching the backup game with a real game, when the real game disc speed goes fast, I stwich it and swap with the backup disc, I get to the Sega screen but noting happens. I was able to get to load up some backup games before, but my problem is after the real game disc speeds goes to 2x, I'm having problems on when you remove the real game. You remove it after the disc is 2x, or wait a second (so the CD lens goes back to where it was to read the disc). I want to load the game everytime, and the game works before!! I was able to get the swap working before, but my timing sucks! :(
iatneH

Post by iatneH »

I'm swapping on a model 1, but I think the timing applies here as well.

Basically you have a huge interval of time to do the first swap. After you boot up with the backup, you can actually swap in the original disc a few seconds before the lens seeks to the outside. But you can swap any time after the seek too since if the Saturn doesn't find the special ring on the outside, it just keeps looking.
The second swap is where timing is critical.
With a bit of practice and anticipation, swap in the backup disc AS SOON AS you hear the lens seeking back to the inside. Just get the original disc out as soon as you can, once it's out you can take your time again to put in the backup disc (again since if it can't find the disc, it just keeps looking - just get the wrong disc out before it starts reading).
Fighter17
Banned User

Post by Fighter17 »

I got a other problem, for some reason, the CD lens check the outer ring before the Saturn logo!!! I don't know why. It already starts checking the outer ring of the backup game before the Saturn logo. I wonder why, and I want to make the CD lens check the outer ring after the saturn logo, not before it. (and no, I didn't press the controller buttons.)