Okay, so I got the ATI TV Wonder USB 2.0, now what...?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Blade

Okay, so I got the ATI TV Wonder USB 2.0, now what...?

Post by Blade »

Okay, so for a lark (and a heavy pricetag) I bought the thing for the purpose of recording game sessions off my PS2. Now, I hooked it up last night, and for the most part, everything works fine, except 3 things:

1) No sound.

2) 5/10ths of a Second Screen Delay (I assume it's the USB's Bus rate, so I just buffer it)

3) I do not know, for the life of me....how exactly to tell when I'm recording or not... When I was testing the thing, I would export something and get a long feed of Video I had somehow recorded of the game being paused. (that was when I was setting up my settings), and then when I WANTED to record, the thing would shut off.

Things to note:

Resolution of recordings was good...I saved it as MPG, and when I put it into Windows Movie Maker, I got an error:

"Test.mpg could not be imported. An interface has too many methods to fire events from"

And again, like I said, no sound.

But also, to let you guys know, I was using the 3 Pronged Wire hook up (you know, Red, Yellow, White) and set the TV mode to Progressive.

Anyway, some headway on this would be much appreciated.

This means YOU, Icepick. :P
The world would be a better place if there were less shooters and more dot-eaters.

Jesus' BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS:
1. Pure, Mournful, Humble Heart
2. Merciful Peacemaker
3. Suffer for Righteous Desire