Any way to use a Genesis controller on the Dreamcast??....

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
dave4shmups

Any way to use a Genesis controller on the Dreamcast??....

Post by dave4shmups »

I've seen plenty of adapters that allow you to use Saturn controllers on the DC, but none that allow you to use Genesis controllers on it.

I'm looking for something like this, because my effin' thumb is killing me from the DC's D-Pad, and also because I intend to get an Atari 2600, and you can actually use a Genesis controller on that console.
sjewkestheloon

Post by sjewkestheloon »

i don't think it's possible unfortunately. i've looked into it myself and had absolutely no luck :(

however there it apparently a very good ps2 pad in the style of a saturn pad which in turn is modelled on the megadrive 6-button pad (gasp...) that could be used with a standard ps2-dc converter. the pads look ace for playing third strike and mars matrix :) you're putting ideas into my head....
iatneH

Post by iatneH »

Just curious how the whole arcade stick deal ended up dave. Not the right thing for you?

I'd recommend you find a comfortable PS1 or PS2 compatible pad/stick, and from there you can get convertors for pretty much anything you can think of, save some extremely obscure or unpopular game consoles.