namco stick

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
sjewkestheloon

namco stick

Post by sjewkestheloon »

yay just won the namco stick on ebay for 27 pounds with postage in great condition boxed with instructions. i'll be able to replace my crappy logic3 multi format one :)

dodonpachi and strikers 1945 part 2 as they should be played :)

sorry had to tell someone
professor ganson

Post by professor ganson »

yeah, I just recently scored the agetec official arcade stick for DC-- should arrive in a week or so. Kind of pricey, almost $60 with shipping. Here's hoping it's worth it!
sjewkestheloon

Post by sjewkestheloon »

sorry mods just realised this is more appropriate for the hardware board so please if you wish could you move it to there. don't want to cause everyone annoyance.

but still yay :)
Zach Keene

Post by Zach Keene »

Moved to Hardware.
SheSaidDutch

Post by SheSaidDutch »

Congrats on a good stick btw.

not bad £27
mannerbot

Post by mannerbot »

Namco Arcade Stick doesn't have the absolute best parts, but yeah I love mine (have a pair). :D
sjewkestheloon

Post by sjewkestheloon »

i just love the way that they are real sensitive and fast. aside from the shmup use, i'm also a 2d fighter fan, and the namco stick is the only one on which i can combo hadoken's into supers consistently, as well as accurate parrying on sf3:3rd strike
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

Plus, you can use them on both the PS2 and PS1; unlike the original PS1 controller.
SheSaidDutch

Post by SheSaidDutch »

Just won a bid £17.10 and thats including P&P :lol: :P

WOOT!
sjewkestheloon

Post by sjewkestheloon »

nice one. even cheaper than me lol

grrr hehe
Naiera

Post by Naiera »

I had one bought at full price for years, which I sold for way too little.

I then found one a couple of years ago for £9. Totally new, although the box had significant shelf-wear from the 8+ years it had been in the store :P

By far my favorite stick. The buttons and the stick itself are much better than on my DC stick (where's that guide to making the DC stick work properly, without getting stuck at the extremes?). As long as all the painting doesn't come off I'm more than happy with the performance of my Namco stick, especially because it also works fantastically on my "arcade box" with a cheapo converter.
Last edited by Naiera on Sun May 08, 2005 3:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.
SheSaidDutch

Post by SheSaidDutch »

Naiera wrote:I had one bought at full price for years, which I sold for way too little.

I then found one a couple of years ago for £9. Totally new, although the box had shelf-wear from the 8+ years it had been in the store :p

By far my favorite stick. The buttons and the stick itself are much better than on my DC stick (where's that guide to making the DC stick work properly, without getting stuck at the extreme?). As long as all the painting doesn't come off I'm more than happy with the performace of my Namco stick, especially because it also works fantastically on my "arcade box" with a cheapo converter.
I could have got an Arctec(sp) DC stick for £10 last year, but I forgot all about it :x

I forgot about a convertor, the Namco shall be used often then 8)

sjewkestheloon wrote:nice one. even cheaper than me lol

grrr hehe
I'm not sure if it comes with the box or instuctions like yours, but I'm glad I snapped one up so soon and rather cheap :D
sjewkestheloon

Post by sjewkestheloon »

well i'll sell you the box and instructions for the price difference lol :twisted:

just kidding. i've been abusing mine constantly andit has truely improved my game on strikers part 2. i still suck at it on normal difficulty but i can actually get to stage 5 now occasionally.

do you play 2d fighters she said dutch? i'm loving cvs2 for my ps2 at the min.
SheSaidDutch

Post by SheSaidDutch »

sjewkestheloon wrote:well i'll sell you the box and instructions for the price difference lol :twisted:

just kidding. i've been abusing mine constantly andit has truely improved my game on strikers part 2. i still suck at it on normal difficulty but i can actually get to stage 5 now occasionally.

do you play 2d fighters she said dutch? i'm loving cvs2 for my ps2 at the min.
Heh I dont need the box and instructions although........... the box would make a lovely pirate ship and instructions could be a map to some buried treasure argh! :lol:

I do indeed play Fighters although I haven't play much lately, I used to play SFA3,SF3:3rdS on my Dreamcast,

Sometime I hope to pick up the ST2 Comp for the PS2 inthe future
and some KOF's.

SNK needs to release a Fatal Fury Comp, I love FF3 :cry: