PS2 flip-top cover for imports?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
BAD

PS2 flip-top cover for imports?

Post by BAD »

Does anyone know if the flip-top cover at ps2cover.com is a good choice for playing imports? Is it popular? Does it have good feedback? Does it fit the system right? I am thinking of getting one of these to play imports on a cheap US PS2 system, so any feedback on this product would help greatly.

Note: No information on modchips/modding, please.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

I bought a fliptop with swapmagic. Its not the best. The Swapmagic discs only boot 50% of the time...the rest of the time my drive makes bad noises and clicks alot. When SwapMagic does load successfully, I am able to play japanese imports only (like DDPDOJ and ESPGALUDA). Korean imports won't play (xii stag, psyvariar complete, ...). For this reason I recommend a mod chip or buying an import PS2 over fliptop with swapmagic.

One good thing is that I was able to use swapmagic to load a memory card exploit and then run HDLoader off a harddrive. That I do recommend. Although HDLoader also has compatibility issues, but should run most games just fine. Search google for HDLoader Compatibility, and the memory card exploit stuff, and you should be able to figure it all out.
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

Swap Magic 3.3 works 100% of the time for me (+ model PS2). Don't have any Asian and Korean games myself though.

Don't know if PS2Cover's fliptops are different but the instructions are the same for all of them.