Show them if you've got them - Candy cabs

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Jonny5: That's a nice way to get stuff out of the way. Do you ever play PCB's? Can't imagine trying to fit my Sky Shark in that left over space. :D

Emph
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

i play pcb's in the other cab.....running mushi right now
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

New CPO, buttons, joysticks and Marquee on the cab to the left. Cheapest Marquee/Top sign ever! Bought a Super Mario poster for $10 and cut it to size. But looks better than the one the cab came with.

Emph
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Alec

Post by Alec »

what kind of machine is that on the left emphatic? It looks kinda like half a versus city, but I just don't see how that would be logical.

Don't have any pics of my machines handy atm, but if you look at atomiswaves on hard candy you can see one of my old cabinets.

edit: heres an old picture, things have been rearranged since then, of couse I'd rather share new pictures with you guys, but I'd rather this post have some eye candy than none at all.

emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Alec: It's a Chinese POS called Xiong-Ba 29". Almost seems to be handmade by a company called Macrown. It has a Tri-Sync monitor and I've created a new CPO that has an Astro/EGRET II look for it.

Emph
elvis

Post by elvis »

emphatic wrote:Alec: It's a Chinese POS called Xiong-Ba 29".
Same cabinet I have. Mine was called a "Megalo City", but it's identical in build (see my post page 1).

Most of these things get made in the same mega-factory, and then split out amongst a dozen sales places / export companies who brand them as they please.
PieOrDie

Post by PieOrDie »

sorry if it has been asked before, but where are you guys getting these cabs from
mirror

Post by mirror »

Here is my first candy, a New Astro City running a borrowed Viper Phase 1 U.S.A.

Pic of my new 2L12B panel and custom instructions/move holder artwork.

Sorry for the poor pics, my cam sucks and my lack of photography skill doesn't help.
PieOrDie wrote:sorry if it has been asked before, but where are you guys getting these cabs from
I grabbed mine through a group buy recently. These don't hit the East Coast to often, so I had to buy one.

^_^_^
tommyb

Post by tommyb »

These are all really nice, totally jealous of all of you guys.
j69

Post by j69 »

My old setup

The astro is gone now but im hoping to find an AWSD when i sell my other pinball machine (not the SF2)
Necronopticous

Post by Necronopticous »

I don't think I have ever posted my cab.

corbie

Post by corbie »

Here is my Egret 2 cabinet that I use for shooters. Although I've been a huge shooter fan since about 1988, I just recently finally broke down and bought a cabinet. So far I only have three pcbs for it: Ibara (currently installed in the cabinet), Muchi Muchi Pork, and Gunbird 2. The other cabinet is my Neo 25 Candy.

EDIT:

Here's an updated pic I took now that I have my candy cabs together in my game room. I think they look better all cuddled up beside each other. :D

dmauro

Post by dmauro »

I had been waiting until I had these all cleaned up and finished before posting:

Tri-synced monitors and stuffed with a PC, PS2, Dreamcast, Wii and Jamma adapters for everything (all of the original Jamma wiring is still intact).

And a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdnh5mi_0_E
caldwert

Post by caldwert »

I forgot about this thread. I posted these in the home arcade thread last week.

Plastic

Post by Plastic »

What's in that last picture?
caldwert

Post by caldwert »

A Sega Aero Table. Cost me 2 nice PCB's in trade, but I had to have it. There's a few people who have them, but I think they're all in the UK. When I finally get a place of my own, I plan on making it pretty nice, but for now it will have to do. Was quite the bitch to move inside and then downstairs. Moving Astro City's and Super Neo 29's was a dream after moving this thing.
Koma

Post by Koma »

I love those Neo candy U25!It was my first cab and i sold it 1 year later for somes reason. :/
kemical

Post by kemical »

my old Aero City from Matsu, sold to a luckybastard on craigslist for cheap price when I moved to Washington :cry:
This thread makes me want another, a tiny 19" Jaleco Pony markII... i wonder how much they weigh.

what I did with the fabtek overlay is improper 8)
KBZ

Post by KBZ »

kemical wrote:my old Aero City from Matsu, sold to a luckybastard on craigslist for cheap price when I moved to Washington :cry:
This thread makes me want another, a tiny 19" Jaleco Pony markII... i wonder how much they weigh.

what I did with the fabtek overlay is improper 8)
aero city cabs are awesome. I like what you did with the cp cause I'm not a fan of the stock one.
=/
twalden

Post by twalden »

My setup. The cab on the right is a Korean Joy-Ro 21 candy cab. It's surprisingly well built for a knock off cab. The marquee was missing, so I had to get creative.

elvis

Post by elvis »

There's some great examples in here of people making the most of small spaces. A lot of my mates think that because they don't have enough room, they can't start an arcade-collecting hobby. A lot of these shots will prove that you don't need an empty warehouse to start this hobby.
Cell247

Post by Cell247 »

Just got my fist cab.

corbie

Post by corbie »

You're not far away from me. Where did you get that Astro City New cabinet from, if I might ask? Very nice. I've kinda wanted to add an Astro City New cabinet to my Egret 2 and Neo 25.
BULLET HELL
WWW.BULLET666.COM
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Cell247 wrote:Just got my fist cab.
Fist cabs are the best. :D Also, congrats.
hedorah

Post by hedorah »

Where are you guys getting the candy cab chairs / stools that look like the ones in Japanese arcades?
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

hedorah wrote:Where are you guys getting the candy cab chairs / stools that look like the ones in Japanese arcades?
japan :wink:
hedorah

Post by hedorah »

jonny5 wrote:
hedorah wrote:Where are you guys getting the candy cab chairs / stools that look like the ones in Japanese arcades?
Japan! :shock: Nothing stateside that sells them?

Well not the most ideal of answers, but I do make frequent trips to Tokyo and Osaka, anyone mind pointing me in the right direction on where to look? I am probably going back to Tokyo next month. I assume you guys are not walking into a Taito Station and asking to buy them directly. :P
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

hedorah wrote:
jonny5 wrote:

Well not the most ideal of answers, but I do make frequent trips to Tokyo and Osaka, anyone mind pointing me in the right direction on where to look? I am probably going back to Tokyo next month. I assume you guys are not walking into a Taito Station and asking to buy them directly. :P
you could probably get something comparable stateside from somewhere like ikea or the like.......
hedorah

Post by hedorah »

jonny5 wrote:
hedorah wrote:
jonny5 wrote: japan :wink:

you could probably get something comparable stateside from somewhere like ikea or the like.......

Nah.. Part of the reason I own my candy cab is my nostalgia for spending months in Japanese arcades playing shmups :D So getting the same aesthetic is key.

I guess I will keep looking.