Whats the best sit-at-cabinet stool?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Dave_K.

Whats the best sit-at-cabinet stool?

Post by Dave_K. »

Maybe a lame question, but I got a couple sit-at japenese cabs, and wanted to see what others use for stools. I got a small black plastic stool from Ikea and its works fine, and it only cost $6, problem is it feels like $6. :(

From the AOU show pictures (and a couple japanese arcade pictures) I see these square stools with red cusion. Any idea where those can be sourced in the US?

Any other suggestions?
japtor

Post by japtor »

heh, i thought those ikea ones were $5. i got one of the $10 wooden ones :P

i saw the japanese arcade stools on i think riverservice's page, but no clue if they take american orders. and i cant find the page again, they redesigned the site since last i saw, but they were something like $40-50 a stool.
oxtsu

Post by oxtsu »

pics courtesy of River Service co.,

___JPN cabinet seat___

Square stool 43cm height(17in) - $48, Round stool 42cm - $78

Bench seat for Sega Astro/Blast/Versus type cabinet - $148

New type, adjustable seat with back - $114 large (57-70cm), $100 small (42-55cm)

I'll probably bring in some square stools soon for myself and a friend. If interested to order please let me know at this time. Otherwise it's possible to order directly from distributor in Japan like River Service, though they have the bank transfer fees around $70 for small orders (under $300) and hassle to deal with. Shipping and fee is extra to the retail price listed above pics.

There's no source for these in the US, as far as I know.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

japtor wrote:heh, i thought those ikea ones were $5.

Ahh you are right, its $4.99, I thought they were $5.99.
oxtsu wrote: I'll probably bring in some square stools soon for myself and a friend. If interested to order please let me know at this time.
Ugg, $48 per stool (not counting shipping) was more than I was willing to pay. especially if I wanted 6 of them. :(