VGA Questions

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
ac_slatercore

VGA Questions

Post by ac_slatercore »

I just got a 22 inch Mitsubishi CRT. I have a VGA adaptor for my Dreamcast but I am looking for a VGA box to connect other systems. I need one that converts component and s-video. I found a VGA box on Ebay made by May Flash. Does anybody have a VGA box that they have used with PS2, GC, Saturn, N64, etc? Let me know any tips.
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

For Dreamcast you would be better served with the VGA adaptor.

For the Gamecube you would be better served with VGA cables, which are custom made and only available in Hong Kong/Japan and the cables will only work with games that are Progressive scan enabled.

http://www.lik-sang.com/search.php?query=vga+gamecube

There are some ideas for convertors.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
subcons

Post by subcons »

XRGB.

Sometimes they're sold here on the boards. Pop up on eBay from time to time as well.
PC Engine Fan X!

If you go the Jamma PCB route, then XRGB-2 is the one...

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Hey there ac_slatercore,

If you go the arcade Jamma PCB route, then a Microcom XRGB-2 upscan convertor is the one to get. Just be prepared to pay about $150.00-$200.00+ for a used one. The last time I saw a new XRGB-2 for sale on eBay was in October 2002 and a furious bidding war erupted. I ended up the winning bidder on a brand new XRGB-2 but paid $280.00 for it. Well worth the money spent just for it alone.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

Moving this to hardware forum.
WheePenPen

Post by WheePenPen »

hori sells one called the Upscan Converter 2. it plugs directly into ur ps2 for component RGB and has an adapter for ur xbox, but if u want to plug in a gamecube u have to use either the component a/v or svideo inputs on the side. ive read some really good reviews for it concerning the ps2 video quality, but i dunno how well a gamecube would look on it w/ svideo. also, there is no progressive scan support. im considering buying one from ncsx for $70....