Philips CM 8533

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Ghegs

Philips CM 8533

Post by Ghegs »

In my seemingly never-ending quest to find a dedicated TATE monitor I came upon this gem. It even has a scart plug in it, which counts for a lot here.

However, it is evidently possessed by ol' mighty Satan himself. Playing PSX imports is all fine and dandy. RGB, good colors, the whole nine yards.

But PS2 games mock me. PAL/50hz games work good, but whenever I crank it up to 60hz (whether it's a PAL mode or an NTSC native) the screen turns to green. It's the same system, same cable, yet some games work in color (PS1) and some don't (PS2 60hz).

Makes the monitor rather useless in the long run. Sure I could play my Dodonpachi and Strikers 1945 with it quite happily, but I'd still have to TATE my TV for Dragon Blaze and the gang.

Anybody got an idea on how to exorcise this demon and make my monitor clean?
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
Tychom

Post by Tychom »

Hrm, I got the green screen at first with my Japanese PS2 through RGB SCART, going into the system's video options and setting it to output RGB fixed that problem for me.
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

Yup, the PS2 outputs component by default, so you need to switch it over to RGB in the bios.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

It is on RGB already, and it still makes no sense that PS1 games would show in color yet PS2 ones not.

I've got all my systems hooked up through a scart-switcher (and a scart-splitter so the same image goes to both my TV and the monitor). I tried hooking up the PS2 directly to the monitor and it worked perfectly, so it's probably a problem with the splitter and the cable I'm using to connect it to the monitor. I'll get a better cable tomorrow, hopefully that'll fix it.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Alright, got it fixed. :D I now have a sweet, sweet set-up: PS2, GC and PCE Duo are all hooked up through a scart-switcher so I can choose between the three with the touch of a button. The image is sent to both my TV (through the VCR so I can tape my games if necessary) and the TATEd monitor which stand side by side, so I never have to fiddle with any cables. I also got my Namco Arcade Stick, Logitech Racing Wheel and G-Con2 all hooked up simultaneously, so I never have to change controllers either.

Sweet, repeated for emphasis. :wink:

My videos