A request for PDF manuals and Cave hardware questions

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
John_Smith

A request for PDF manuals and Cave hardware questions

Post by John_Smith »

Hi there all! I've just signed up with this forum and wanted to offer props to the site owners, bang up job guys, it's a really informative and interesting place to visit!! :D

Onto my questions -

1) Does anybody out there have a PDF copy of the 'Gunbird2' PCB owners manual. Oh and while I'm asking about manuals, how about 'Batsugun'??

2) Firstly, I apologise if this has already been discussed in another thread, I couldn't find anything on it. Does anyone know whether Cave's 'Mushihimesama' and 'Ibara' use the same IGS PGM based hardware that 'Ketsui' and 'ESPGALUDA' used? Also, what hardware does 'DoDonpachi Dai-Oh-Jou' regular and Black Label editions run on??

Cheers in advance for any assistance offered!! :wink:

John_Smith

PS: and yep, I'm the same John_Smith as on the Neo-Geo.com forums if anybody wonders..........umm....or cares for that matter! :lol:
japtor

Post by japtor »

1) no manual for either. any particular questions or just a completionist? check world-of-arcades.com, although last i checked i didnt see any gunbird 2 stuff. just checked and looks like theres some batsugun stuff at least.

2) mushi and ibara use a new mobo, sh-3 based board. dont know anything more about it. doj (and probably black label by extension) run on the same pgm based stuff as ketsui and galuda, doj is the only one in a case though afaik.
John_Smith

Post by John_Smith »

japtor wrote:1) no manual for either. any particular questions or just a completionist? check world-of-arcades.com, although last i checked i didnt see any gunbird 2 stuff. just checked and looks like theres some batsugun stuff at least.

2) mushi and ibara use a new mobo, sh-3 based board. dont know anything more about it. doj (and probably black label by extension) run on the same pgm based stuff as ketsui and galuda, doj is the only one in a case though afaik.
1) Hehe well umm yeah I guess it's a bit of a completionist routine, though I do like to store a copy of, or original manual with my PCB's and I lacked those couple. Well at least till you pointed me to the World of Arcades papers preservation archive. Bagged me some Batsugun fliers and manual!!

2) Ooooh Hitachi SH-3 eh! well I was suitably impressed when I picked up my copies of Gunbird2 and Strikers 1945 II based on the SH-2 chip so the next chip revision from Hitachi will no doubt be as tough as nails when it comes to sprite crunching!

Thanks for the help japtor!! :wink:
japtor

Post by japtor »

well the psikyo boards have another custom chip, not sure if it handles graphics but id guess it has something to do with them, ps6406b, on my boards its the big one in the middle w/the psikyo badging on it. no clue about any other chips on the new cave boards. semi unrelated, but on the topic of sh chips, the naomi and dc have a hitachi sh-4. not sure what other systems/boards have sh chips in them.
parodius

Post by parodius »

Saturn/ST-V have 2 SH-2s.