Saturn memorty card

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Belmont

Saturn memorty card

Post by Belmont »

anyone know a good place to pick up a saturn memory card. Mine crapped out on me and it didnt bother me that much untill i got Radiamt Silvergun. I had option+ unlocked too :( Anyways i cant leave my saturn on forever so i need to get a memory card asap.
CIT

Post by CIT »

You can't save on the internal RAM of your Saturn?
Ceph

Post by Ceph »

Get an Action Replay Plus, that has more storage space than you'll ever need and it also contains 1MB/4MB Ram for playing games like Metal Slug. And you can play Imports with it, too. You can't save directly to the Action replay; you'll have to save to your Saturn first, then reset the console, go to the memory manager and copy the savegame to the cartridge.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Action-Replay-Plus- ... 0006654011

On a sidenote, If your Saturn's internal memory loses your savegames after switching off the console than that means that the internal battery is empty. Just get a new CR2032 (they are cheap), open the back cover and replace the old one.

PS. Switch off you Saturn before inserting a battery or Action Replay.
Belmont

Post by Belmont »

Yes i think my saturns battery is broken...so if i could just get soem help with that, mabey a walkthrough or soemthing then im GOLDEN! thanks guys
Ceph

Post by Ceph »

I just wrote how:
Ceph wrote:get a new CR2032 (they are cheap), open the back cover and replace the old one.
PS. It's a button cell battery, you really can't miss it.
iatneH

Post by iatneH »

I got a 3rd-party ripoff of a Saturn backup memory card. I don't actually know if it works since I've never used it.

If you want it, just pay for shipping (should be $6 for Airmail, bit more for Xpresspost).

Although I just recommend changing your save battery, they're like $1-$2 each and last for several years.
Belmont

Battery = AWSOMETOWN

Post by Belmont »

I switched out my battery and sure enough my saturn is good as new! Thanks guys you saved me a ton of trouble :)