shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum
 
* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:01 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:52 pm 



Joined: 03 Nov 2020
Posts: 20
When's the next jumble of nonsense from the brothers supposed to drop? We're about due


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:33 pm 



Joined: 01 Mar 2018
Posts: 855
10mile wrote:
When's the next jumble of nonsense from the brothers supposed to drop? We're about due

When people like you get subdued enough into thinking they really, really won't get their UltraHDMI this time, that's whaen they unfortunately swoop in with that pesky bit of hope to destroy the naysayers.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:44 pm 



Joined: 05 Jun 2021
Posts: 17
ldeveraux wrote:
10mile wrote:
When's the next jumble of nonsense from the brothers supposed to drop? We're about due

When people like you get subdued enough into thinking they really, really won't get their UltraHDMI this time, that's whaen they unfortunately swoop in with that pesky bit of hope to destroy the naysayers.


Pesky bit of hope like the fact so far in round 7 more kits have been delivered than the first 6 rounds combined... by like a factor of 3? Or hope from the people posting every week that their kits were delivered? Or the frequent updates on the spreadsheet that corresponds with those posts that the naysayers seem oblivious to?

This has to be the most insufferable, impatient group of keyboard warriors on the internet.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:33 pm 



Joined: 01 Mar 2018
Posts: 855
skitals wrote:
ldeveraux wrote:
When people like you get subdued enough into thinking they really, really won't get their UltraHDMI this time, that's whaen they unfortunately swoop in with that pesky bit of hope to destroy the naysayers.


Pesky bit of hope like the fact so far in round 7 more kits have been delivered than the first 6 rounds combined... by like a factor of 3? Or hope from the people posting every week that their kits were delivered? Or the frequent updates on the spreadsheet that corresponds with those posts that the naysayers seem oblivious to?

This has to be the most insufferable, impatient group of keyboard warriors on the internet.


I meant pesky bit of truth. The truth that these brothers didn't abandon the project like some people decided they did. For reasons.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:36 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 12 Nov 2020
Posts: 7
Hello,

I was just reading over the last 10 pages here but dont really know much more now regarding the status of the delivery.
The List is stuck at 249 pretty long and im 260, just would love to know, when the shippping goes on for the next people waiting.

Thanks!
BR Flip


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:34 pm 



Joined: 03 Nov 2020
Posts: 20
Let's all pitch in ideas for the brothers' next nonsensical behaviour that leads to delays for the group buy. I think last time they said they lent their only car to an unlicensed driver who subsequently crashed it or something like that?

This time I think they'll go with something a little more dire. I'm betting... offered a down-on-his-luck homeless guy to crash for a night in their storage space, only to find in the morning that he yoinked all their electronics and skipped town.

Let's get creative, people!!!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:57 pm 



Joined: 14 Nov 2020
Posts: 51
10mile wrote:
Let's all pitch in ideas for the brothers' next nonsensical behaviour that leads to delays for the group buy. I think last time they said they lent their only car to an unlicensed driver who subsequently crashed it or something like that?

This time I think they'll go with something a little more dire. I'm betting... offered a down-on-his-luck homeless guy to crash for a night in their storage space, only to find in the morning that he yoinked all their electronics and skipped town.

Let's get creative, people!!!

I think they are going to eat a ounce of mushrooms and go on a magical Rainbow Ride and learn the meaning of life. During the ride a mystical sasquatch took our UHDMI's and put them all in a pot of gold across the rainbow. As soon as the brothers can navigate their way through the mushroom kingdom they will return our UHDMI to us.
Image
Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:03 am 



Joined: 03 Nov 2020
Posts: 20
That's a great answer. I was really hoping for more participation from the class.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:23 pm 



Joined: 14 Nov 2020
Posts: 51
10mile wrote:
That's a great answer. I was really hoping for more participation from the class.

Thanks!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:04 pm 



Joined: 01 Mar 2019
Posts: 15
Looking for a replacement flex cable. Does anyone have a spare or know where I can find one?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:27 am 



Joined: 14 Nov 2020
Posts: 51
edd247 wrote:
Looking for a replacement flex cable. Does anyone have a spare or know where I can find one?

https://www.pixelfx.co/n64digital-spare-flex.html


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:53 am 



Joined: 28 Aug 2020
Posts: 37
Lopenator wrote:
edd247 wrote:
Looking for a replacement flex cable. Does anyone have a spare or know where I can find one?

https://www.pixelfx.co/n64digital-spare-flex.html


That is an n64 digital flex cable, it is designed for an entirely different product and there is a good chance it won't work with the ultraHDMI


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:28 am 



Joined: 14 Nov 2020
Posts: 51
Cooperd9 wrote:
Lopenator wrote:
edd247 wrote:
Looking for a replacement flex cable. Does anyone have a spare or know where I can find one?

https://www.pixelfx.co/n64digital-spare-flex.html


That is an n64 digital flex cable, it is designed for an entirely different product and there is a good chance it won't work with the ultraHDMI

It will NOT work with the UHDMI. I figured I would send him/her that link because everyone knows he/she ain't getting one from Marshall lmao.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:15 am 



Joined: 28 Jun 2020
Posts: 5
flipsideaut wrote:
Hello,

I was just reading over the last 10 pages here but dont really know much more now regarding the status of the delivery.
The List is stuck at 249 pretty long and im 260, just would love to know, when the shippping goes on for the next people waiting.

Thanks!
BR Flip


Same here. I refuse to read page and page of morons arguing over the internet. Can someone please catch us up with concrete news? 277 here


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:36 am 



Joined: 20 May 2021
Posts: 2
capsule01 wrote:
Same here. I refuse to read page and page of morons arguing over the internet. Can someone please catch us up with concrete news? 277 here

Same for me. Instead I have started to check the spreadsheet list on a daily base since this week, hoping to see some progress there.

For me it seems that we have to wait until they reach your spot in the list. But I think the last official update was quite a while ago.
Btw 272 here. Already got my N64Digital and sent a mail to James beginning of the year asking for a refund.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:27 pm 



Joined: 03 Nov 2020
Posts: 20
Lopenator wrote:
Cooperd9 wrote:
Lopenator wrote:
It will NOT work with the UHDMI. I figured I would send him/her that link because everyone knows he/she ain't getting one from Marshall lmao.


kek

Spreadsheet hasn't been updated since at least early October when I started checking semi-regularly, and probably well before that.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:51 pm 



Joined: 07 Feb 2020
Posts: 7
Has there really been no movement since I received mine October 1st (I'm still identified as "in transit")?! That sucks guys. :?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:00 pm 



Joined: 21 Jun 2020
Posts: 31
capsule01 wrote:
flipsideaut wrote:
Hello,

I was just reading over the last 10 pages here but dont really know much more now regarding the status of the delivery.
The List is stuck at 249 pretty long and im 260, just would love to know, when the shippping goes on for the next people waiting.

Thanks!
BR Flip


Same here. I refuse to read page and page of morons arguing over the internet. Can someone please catch us up with concrete news? 277 here



Sadly, I wouldn't expect to hear anything until late Q2 / Q3 of next year. I posted this a few pages back, but the FPGA that's being used for the Ultra HDMI has not been available for quite some time now. The earliest approximate ETA for chip availability is Q3 2022. That's if Marshall can still get his hands on them. If Marshall does not have the chips on hand now, don't expect to see any movement for a long long time.

Here's the part number for the chip, if you want to see if you can source it yourself: 10CL010YU256C8G

Edit: Just did another quick search around. Factory lead times are now 53 - 99 weeks. oof.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:59 pm 



Joined: 14 Nov 2020
Posts: 51
dryja123 wrote:
capsule01 wrote:
flipsideaut wrote:
Hello,

I was just reading over the last 10 pages here but dont really know much more now regarding the status of the delivery.
The List is stuck at 249 pretty long and im 260, just would love to know, when the shippping goes on for the next people waiting.

Thanks!
BR Flip


Same here. I refuse to read page and page of morons arguing over the internet. Can someone please catch us up with concrete news? 277 here



Sadly, I wouldn't expect to hear anything until late Q2 / Q3 of next year. I posted this a few pages back, but the FPGA that's being used for the Ultra HDMI has not been available for quite some time now. The earliest approximate ETA for chip availability is Q3 2022. That's if Marshall can still get his hands on them. If Marshall does not have the chips on hand now, don't expect to see any movement for a long long time.

Here's the part number for the chip, if you want to see if you can source it yourself: 10CL010YU256C8G

Edit: Just did another quick search around. Factory lead times are now 53 - 99 weeks. oof.

I think it is about time for them to start going down the list for refunds


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:05 pm 



Joined: 01 Mar 2018
Posts: 855
Lopenator wrote:
I think it is about time for them to start going down the list for refunds


I think it's about time for everyone else to start ignoring everything you say you Negative Nancy. Mind your own business like they are trying to do with theirs.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:38 pm 



Joined: 14 Nov 2020
Posts: 51
ldeveraux wrote:
Lopenator wrote:
I think it is about time for them to start going down the list for refunds


I think it's about time for everyone else to start ignoring everything you say you Negative Nancy. Mind your own business like they are trying to do with theirs.

Don't be a fool.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:56 pm 



Joined: 01 Mar 2019
Posts: 15
https://retrogamerepairshop.com/product ... 6507744428


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:03 am 



Joined: 23 Aug 2021
Posts: 4
edd247 wrote:
https://retrogamerepairshop.com/products/nintendo-64-n64-ultrahdmi-hw2-hdmi-mod-with-analog-output-addon-2021-upgraded?variant=40856507744428


May the N64 Digital create a bag holder out of him. Or at least cut into his profits.
There could have been 99 other people who received their kits... Why they didn't limit a few per customer I have no idea.

I got my kit, so the only business I have here is to say my condolences to the 90% of people who paid and got clowned.
Is there any evidence to suggest those last ~200 kits from the unboxing video way back weren't the last UltraHDMI's that will ever be made?
Marshall didn't want to make them when he had a monopoly. I'd bet a lot that he won't be producing any more now that competition is on the scene.

I'd say your best case scenario is you see a refund someday or receive an N64 Digital.
Worst case: Ghosted aka you'll never see your sweet money again!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:56 pm 



Joined: 01 Mar 2018
Posts: 855
HolyWhip wrote:
edd247 wrote:
https://retrogamerepairshop.com/products/nintendo-64-n64-ultrahdmi-hw2-hdmi-mod-with-analog-output-addon-2021-upgraded?variant=40856507744428


May the N64 Digital create a bag holder out of him. Or at least cut into his profits.
There could have been 99 other people who received their kits... Why they didn't limit a few per customer I have no idea.


There was no limit because there was no reason for one. The intent of the group buy was to prove to Marshall there was enough demand for the UHDMI to make it worth it to build them. The more demand, the more chance at this happening in the future. Now with the flat out hate this past year, there's literally no chance of this happening again. The only way anyone could get them in the future would be to buy them from the custom shops.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:10 am 



Joined: 23 Aug 2021
Posts: 4
Quote:
There was no limit because there was no reason for one.


You'd have to be kidding yourself if you think round 7 is going to be the one where he realizes demand is there, and starts mass producing these things. Everyone knows these are made in small quantities and not often, and that wasn't about to change. Numbers do not motivate this guy. There was never a question about the demand, it was there - The public wanted this product. For every 1 person who got their hands on it, I'd speculate 50 more would have bought it had it been available on his web site. Window is closed now though, UltraHDMI is old news. Only reason someone should want one now is to tell their Grandkids they "were there" back in 2020 and managed to get one from this eccentric genius who hated customers and money.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:22 pm 



Joined: 01 Mar 2018
Posts: 855
HolyWhip wrote:
Quote:
There was no limit because there was no reason for one.


You'd have to be kidding yourself if you think round 7 is going to be the one where he realizes demand is there, and starts mass producing these things. Everyone knows these are made in small quantities and not often, and that wasn't about to change. Numbers do not motivate this guy. There was never a question about the demand, it was there - The public wanted this product. For every 1 person who got their hands on it, I'd speculate 50 more would have bought it had it been available on his web site. Window is closed now though, UltraHDMI is old news. Only reason someone should want one now is to tell their Grandkids they "were there" back in 2020 and managed to get one from this eccentric genius who hated customers and money.



The point is that Marshall wouldn't make these for 15 people who want this thing. It's only worth it financially (and apparently time wise) if he does them in bulk. This is common sense.

I honestly can't find any indication that this group buy is actually closed! As far as I can tell you can still email the brothers and add yourself to the list.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group