RQ: Shienryu - how to trigger extend items?

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
iatneH

RQ: Shienryu - how to trigger extend items?

Post by iatneH »

During stage 2 I've come across 1-up and 2-up items, but I am not clear on what to do to trigger the items, since I haven't been able to make the items appear every time. Any specific technique or locations to get these items?

Thanks..
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

2up items?
so long and tanks for all the spacefish
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
<Megalixir> i'm stuck in a hobby with gays
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

I'm curious about this too, as stuff seems to almost appear randomly in that game...I wonder how much concrete info about this game is even out there, though, considering it's both older and less popular than a lot of the stuff that has had "breakthroughs" around here lately...
iatneH

Post by iatneH »

Twiddle wrote:2up items?
I'm not kidding... the icon said "2UP" and it gave me 2 extra lives. Nobody else has seen this? I only saw it once today (in fact, ever) and the 1UP item once today also...

Both times, the items appeared near the big central pillar in stage 2...
mjclark
Banned User

Post by mjclark »

BulletMagnet wrote:I'm curious about this too, as stuff seems to almost appear randomly in that game...I wonder how much concrete info about this game is even out there, though, considering it's both older and less popular than a lot of the stuff that has had "breakthroughs" around here lately...
Yes-I've just started playing Shienryu on the Saturn (wonderful!) and can't find out the meaning of those red capital "P"s that appear under my ship stock icons after the second boss.I've searched in vain for a walkthrough or FAQ for Shienryu but can't find one not nowhere anywhere :?
Is this a possible area for some ongoing research?
Spyke

Re: RQ: Shienryu - how to trigger extend items?

Post by Spyke »

I believe that if there's a "P" under your remaining ships, that they will spawn with fully charged weapon. Collecting additional "P"s after fully upgrading your existing ship's weapon puts these "P"s in line for the next ship(s).

Ant
Jp-chipped PS1 - PAL PS1 - PAL PS2 - Jp PS2 - Jp Saturn - PAL Xbox 360 - Jp Xbox 360 - Jp MD - PAL DC - Region-free DC - PS4 - PS3 Slim - PS TV - OSSC - Pi-3
Handhelds: 3DS-XL - DS-Lite - DSi XL - PSP 3003 - PS Vita
I want to eject...