ST: Mushihime-sama Maniac & Ultra modes: scoring

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
EOJ

Re: ST: Mushihime-sama Maniac & Ultra modes: scoring

Post by EOJ »

Updated.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

EOJ wrote: 2.1.5 HCTA: Hold C and Tap A
Hold C and tap A as fast as you can, or if using rapid fire aim for A+ at 12hz- PS2 setting 4. This is the ‘power shot’, it increases your overall counter slightly faster than by just holding C (but not nearly as fast as SAT or FCT) and it is more powerful than just holding A or C, so it takes down bosses and bigger enemies faster. But the main advantage score-wise is that it increases the shot counter on smaller enemies faster where SAT and FCT do not work. A very tiresome technique for those who do not use rapid fire settings. Very useful in any case on the bosses in the game, as it destroys them faster.
Is this feasible with finger tapping speed? Or; is the damage output high enough with human tapping to warrant using it?
My tapping speed is probably quite slow.
For some reason I want to clear maniac first without rapid fire settings.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
SMC

Post by SMC »

EOJ wrote: 2.1.3 MFCT: Mid-Fast C Tapping
The only time this really needs to be used is on the stage 5 midboss (as FCT does not work there), and parts of stage 3 when you want to stop your lasers from firing in order to keep your chain going. Tap about 5 times per second, or use rapid fullauto (C+) setting 3 on the PS2 version.
Why does FCT not work on the stage 5 midboss?