ST: Guwange -- created by Mode7

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
CloudyMusic

Re: ST: Guwange -- created by Mode7

Post by CloudyMusic »

Tyjet Poison wrote this on the description for one of his Blue Version videos:
1. Bullets you touch with your shikigami, that you have not already turned into gold, will flash pink+blue. They will turn into gold once you destroy an enemy with your shiki.
2. You can "coin stream" with your shot anytime just as long as your skull counter is in the gold area (not sure about this)
3. You can't really milk bosses with (A+C), but you can destroy a boss's objects and turn bullets into gold. ex: the pods on the back of the stage 3's boss or it's tiny spiders. You can milk with A+C but you won't get as many coins.
4. some boss's attack are much harder. [stage 4 boss (last attack), stage 5 boss, stage 6 boss, and TLB]
5. the monkey boss in stage 5 grows as you're shooting. i.e. making it really easy to defeat with your shiki.
6. When you bomb, any bullets your bomb touches will turn into gold.
I can also add a few things from my limited experience with it:

- Flashing enemy bullets move slower for the rest of their duration, as opposed to normal Guwange where bullets that you slow down become faster than they were originally once you stop slowing them.

- The chain increase you get from certain coins might be different? I can get to 1000 coins much faster than in the normal version.

- It seems safer (for your chain) to bomb during bosses; the skull meter seems to stop draining (or just slows down dramatically?) once it hits 2 skulls.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Keres wrote:as opposed to normal Guwange where bullets that you slow down become faster than they were originally once you stop slowing them.
I HAD NO IDEA, no wonder why the boss patterns are all so fast.

I think it's easier to reach 1000 coins in the blue version because you can coin stream from the start, which nets a lot of coins early on.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Blue has grazing for coins as well. Unmarked bullets are 2 coins each iirc, marked (pink or flashing) bullets are 1 for sure. You can milk a lot of things for lots of coins this way; a big one is the last form of the stage 1 boss with the huge streams of bullets.

Blue is a lot of fun.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

trap15 wrote:Blue has grazing for coins as well. Unmarked bullets are 2 coins each iirc, marked (pink or flashing) bullets are 1 for sure. You can milk a lot of things for lots of coins this way; a big one is the last form of the stage 1 boss with the huge streams of bullets.
Are you sure about that? I haven't seen that myself. Does it only happen under certain conditions?
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
trap15

Post by trap15 »

100% sure, it's why I like blue. You might need the shikigami out? It's been a while.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Yeah you're right, you do need the shikigami out. I was getting coins all along, I was just mistaking them for the gold from destroying bosses' objects that Tyjet Poison's video mentioned.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube