RQ: Rabio Lepus

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
SAM

RQ: Rabio Lepus

Post by SAM »

I got several question of this game.

(1) It seems that you could jump in this game, but I cannot figure out how to do it exactly. Stay on the ground at the bottom of the screen, and then go up, sometimes you would going up very fast with a sound. Pressing down seems to got somthing to do with this. :o

I wish to know how to perform the jump and how to control how far up you jump.

(2) According to the game manual (PS2) the final boss is within the wall?!? It seems that you have to punch the wall to reveal him before you could hurt him. Could anyone provide more deails?

(3) Also according to the game manual (PS2), if you clear the game without firing a missle you got a special bonus, any more details?

(4) Sometime couldn't punch an enemy even you got very close, why?
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*
lgb

Re: RQ: Rabio Lepus

Post by lgb »

1. Jumping works for me whenever I tap up as soon as I touch the ground. There seems to be some sort of delay involved, but I've been able to jump with my method consistently.

4. Punching seems to work better if you approach an enemy from the front. Otherwise, it may just be a glitch.
BRPXQZME

Re: RQ: Rabio Lepus

Post by BRPXQZME »

2. The big demon guy apparently can’t be hurt. Attack the cracked wall in the back till it busts open (don’t know if there’s a difference between punching and shooting here; on one cheat run, that sucker opened with a few punches, then on another where I set MAME on turbo to rush through the game without picking anything up at all, only the shots seemed to work after I spent about a minute trying to punch the tar out of it). Behind that cracked wall is some skeleton sitting on a throne; the big demonic fellow disappears, and you get to fight the actual final boss (the skeleton, who doesn’t move, but fires a lot).

3. I cheated my way through without firing missiles in MAME. I got 4 million points for not using missiles (normal, expert, doesn’t seem to make a difference). Or at least I think that’s what I got. When I search for the phrase on Google, I see figures of 1 million and 2 million as well. I also got millions of bonus points for ノーミス (not sure if that entails not dying or not getting hit in this game) and having the ribbon still on. So yeah, bonus points. I don’t think the ending changed or anything. But the millions of points make up a significant portion of the score.