ST: 1943

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Podbod

Re: ST: 1943

Post by Podbod »

Rastan78 wrote:
Spoiler
Here are notes from Gemant's database autotranslated from Italian. The translation is a mess and I'm not sure if it includes any unknown strategies. They talk about the strategy of producing 2x boss debris by using a bomb as the final hit.

Apparently it's 70% destruction needed on level 8 difficulty. It may be possible that through calculating exactly how much of the boss to destroy and where it's possible to get net an increase by repeating certain stages?

Also any diff between the JP and US roms in the destruction percentage required to advance? Sorry for my lack of knowledge, just throwing out ideas that may or may not be any help to solve the mystery of these high scores.
I didnt know about the 78 loop thing causing a reset.
Also you can trigger the double explosion without a bomb as the final hit although maybe that's a mistranslation of using the bombs to prevent scrolling to allow you to do enough damage. Once the bridge is almost dead you kill off the last turret and then land a few extra hits on the bridge to trigger the second explosion.
Gemant

Re: ST: 1943

Post by Gemant »

1943 kai has a principle of infinite pattern but it is so difficult to consider it only theoretical.

In previous WR of 4,115,990 by DBS this "infinite" pattern wasn't used.

But new WR of 4,402,550 is a "mistery" also for DBS.

The main differences are:

double explosion (二度) ×11 (instead of x10 in DBS play [+40.000]);
tombo (dragonfly) is used in new WR only [+110,000];
Daihiryuu (The great planes that enters the upper part of the screen in stage 6 and 11) was x33 (instead of 26 in DBS play [+50,000]).

85,000 still lack the appeal.

These points could be deriving from the repetition of the final internship three times, therefore playing with energy 0 both the second and third time and therefore at maximum risk. But it's just a hypothesis since the SGP player has never made statements.