GD: Rajirugi Game System

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Knuckles-chaotix
Banned User

l

Post by Knuckles-chaotix »

k ill give it a go..anywhere where i can dwnload someone playin it? someone good of course?

The superplay one has been removed.
Burn Bush.
Knuckles-chaotix
Banned User

Post by Knuckles-chaotix »

is there any way of building up your life gauge?
Upon losing some?
Burn Bush.
Herr Schatten

Re: l

Post by Herr Schatten »

Knuckles-chaotix wrote:k ill give it a go..anywhere where i can dwnload someone playin it? someone good of course?

The superplay one has been removed.
Last time I checked there were several good replays of Radirgy over at superplay. If they don't work, you might need the XviD codec. There's also a couple at the adress Alske posted earlier.

Knuckles-chaotix wrote:is there any way of building up your life gauge?
Upon losing some?
You get regular extends at 8 and 20 million points. It seems that in every stage there's a secret extend you can get, but no one really knows how to make those appear. The only thing certain is that the secret extends only appear if you've lost at least one of your energy bars before. Only regular extends will make your life bar increase, secret ones will just refill it.
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

---Manpuku Mode (GC arrange mode)---
Changed rules:
-No extends but the secret extend (Haven't gotten the Milestone logo yet so I don't know if that exists in this)
-Multiplier goes from 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256
-Rank goes up worse
-ABS bomb lasts all of half a second if you aren't making any pills, lasts normally if you are
so long and tanks for all the spacefish
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
<Megalixir> i'm stuck in a hobby with gays
Damocles

Post by Damocles »

Have we definitavely figured out rank yet?
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

It seems to be tied more to multiplier than anything else.
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Herr Schatten wrote:Did anyone notice that you get fewer enemies if you turn off the in-game dialogue?

With the dialogue disabled you only get the big bonus enemies which appear to fill the "gap" after you beat a midboss rather than letting him time out. With the dialogue enabled formations of standard enemies accompany them.

The regular level design is unaffected, though, the formations are exactly the same. Still, I find this kind of odd. It's almost as if the game rewards you for enduring the dialogue sequences with the opportunity to score a few more points. :)
Yeah, I accidentally turned off the dialogue when playing in S@Y once. It was annoying the hell out of me that all of the bonus enemies after the midbosses had disappeared as it totally screwed up my multiplier.
sffan

Post by sffan »

Question about the PS2 version:

High score saves: The game seems to only save your LAST SCORE for each shot type and each mode. Not your highest, but your last. This also means you can only have one score on each list, even if you change your initials, and your high score always gets deleted if you score lower. This is seriously messed up, unless I'm missing something.

Anyone else have the PS2 version?
SHOOT IT QUICKLY !
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

<Randorama> ddpx, current best score for Radirgy?
169 million on either one of the ports, according to the internet ranking on Milestone's site, and around 140 million on the latest GAMEST high score database update on AIVA's site.

From the full superplay video, it seems suiciding a few times at the last boss to keep the multiplier up and to milk the respawning turrets is key.
unban shw
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Twiddle wrote:
Randorama wrote: ddpx, current best score for Radirgy?
169 million on either one of the ports, according to the internet ranking on Milestone's site, and around 140 million on the latest GAMEST high score database update on AIVA's site.

From the full superplay video, it seems suiciding a few times at the last boss to keep the multiplier up and to milk the respawning turrets is key.
Thing is, these records are being set with the Shabon Tama (the Bubble Shot). The top scores for the Wide Shot and the 1-2-3 Laser are a bit lower.

Also, it should emphasized that there is a significant score-gap between the NAOMI/DC revs and the PS2/GC ports. A roughly 30 million pt difference should make it obvious that the ports feature different scoring opportunities.
gavin19

Post by gavin19 »

Does anyone know for sure how to get the extra extends in this game? Apart from the 8 + 20 million standard extends I noticed mention of other extends upon fulfilling certain criteria. Anyone played this enough to know which stages these are on and how to get them? This is really only one of a few shooters that I play for score but I'd like to 1cc it more than anything and I guess an extra couple of lives might get me there. Thanks.
BTW I'm playing DC version if that makes any difference.
a.k.a - G19
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

g19 wrote:Does anyone know for sure how to get the extra extends in this game? Apart from the 8 + 20 million standard extends I noticed mention of other extends upon fulfilling certain criteria. Anyone played this enough to know which stages these are on and how to get them? This is really only one of a few shooters that I play for score but I'd like to 1cc it more than anything and I guess an extra couple of lives might get me there. Thanks.
BTW I'm playing DC version if that makes any difference.
As has been stated before, the additional extend can appear in any stage except the first (at least, I've never triggered it there). The only criteria we can figure out to make it appear is to enter a level without a complete health bar. That's about it.

However, aside from the the 2 score-based extends, you also have the MileStone logo in stage 5 which replenishes all lost health.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Twiddle wrote:---Manpuku Mode (GC arrange mode)---
Changed rules:
-No extends but the secret extend (Haven't gotten the Milestone logo yet so I don't know if that exists in this)
The MileStone logo appears in all game modes (arcade, manpuku and okawari). Remember, it is an item and contributes to your pick-up percentage.
gavin19

Post by gavin19 »

Thanks. I guess I need to focus on keeping at least 2-3 lives going into stage 4 boss. If I make it to 5 then I have a good chance of getting the Milestone logo. I watched the replays so I know where it is. Now to make it that far..
a.k.a - G19
gavin19

Post by gavin19 »

Can't find any info on this here or google etc. All I wanted to ask was if anyone with the PS2 version could tell me how/when is score attack mode unlocked? Thanks.
a.k.a - G19
Pirate1019

Post by Pirate1019 »

g19 wrote:Can't find any info on this here or google etc. All I wanted to ask was if anyone with the PS2 version could tell me how/when is score attack mode unlocked? Thanks.
I have the GC port, but I assume it is nearly identical to the PS2 version. My guess is that you unlock it after you 1CC the game. What is different about the score attack mode anyway?
"You are the Hero of Tomorrow!"
gavin19

Post by gavin19 »

I figured it was a 1cc to unlock it but I knew I couldn't get a 1cc without the Milestone logo (which I still can't get to appear). So, I used a continue to see if just completing the game would do.. and it did. Reason I wanted score attack open was to practice stages 4+5 without having to go through 1-3 first. Plus, I was trying to get the milestone logo to show up, I know where it is, but it won't appear for me for some reason.

Edit- Forgot about the 97% to trigger the milestone icon.
a.k.a - G19