GD: Crystallized Mythology scoring

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
wht11

GD: Crystallized Mythology scoring

Post by wht11 »

Very neat game, minimalist and simple. And freeware too. One thing I have to admit though is that I hate Marisa's shot here, it feels... wrong.

Since it follows some classic designs the basics end up as a grazing game (rising Point Item value), inviting with the fun and obvious from very beginning: boss patterns for the near time outs as well as some difficulties throughout stages to actually collect the items.

For characters the highlight is Sanae:
• her Shot is wide when focused and focused unfocused (or "narrow" unfocused, okay). Ends up the other way around: more practical unfocused for boss encounters, focused throughout stages. Needless to say that's not practical at all.
• has 2 bombs, focused for the regular weapon of mass destruction and unfocused for half cost, only clearing bullets but still maintaining the invincibility period. Again, in tight situation focused movement is often used, in case of a miss and Deathbombing the focus key needs to be released first for the better option. This isn't as obvious as keeping it in mind, the frame window makes it something to "really remember".

With game advertising out of the way here's the actual attraction: end game bonus, this isn't to be found anywhere (or maybe I'm just not a good searcher). Ends up so huge (especially Extends) it can make some game priorities clear.

R=Difficulty&Extend&BombR=Easy&25,000,000&2,000,000R=Normal&30,000,000&3,000,000R=Hard&35,000,000&4,000,000R=Lunatic&40,000,000&6,000,000R=Extra&later&later

On top of that, Final Item Value ×100 is added (for all difficulties, most likely also Extra to be confirmed when I can)

I came to the table numbers from a certain probe of comparable end results (same number of either extends or bombs, other different to substract). If there are any corrections to be made then they will be made. Apart from the obvious of filling out Extra stage, I do see Lunatic bomb "should" be 5. What complicates matters is that Bombs come in halves here but either way I assure this is quite a good reference to begin with.

Where the actual trouble starts is that after accounting "Item Value ×100" for quite a number of games I see the very inviting round numbers (__,000,000) but not always. There are some uploaded playthroughs for various difficulties which I referred to as well where the numbers don't come round. I have no idea, you can only take my word that I double and triple checked on that very carefully.

Current conclusion is that there must be something else yet which influences whether Value ×100 is taken full or only partly, maybe from Shot Power level full/less or something completely else to account for? Not so easy to figure... Common variables are taken out, no continue, default starting Extends, game version.