RQ: Highscore/progress jank in parsec47 / tools for training

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Eyvah_Ehyeh

RQ: Highscore/progress jank in parsec47 / tools for training

Post by Eyvah_Ehyeh »

Ideally I would love to have save states in parsec47, and a way of seeing and choosing specific bullet patterns and how they play out in different parsecs and in combination with other specific bullet patterns, but since my knowledge of programming is nil, I thought I would at least try to make some sort of training mode by copying a bunch of parsec47 folders so that I had one for each 10 parsecs in the game, so that I could hone in on a specific stretch of difficulty if nothing else. This seems to lead to jank - resetting of all progress, or reverting to some other file, etc, rather than the smooth experience of having one executable for each stretch of difficulty that simply stays where I left it last time I played it. Maybe something to do with temp files? I'm just guessing and have no clue, but this doesn't seem reliable at all and is getting tiresome. What could lead to these issues?

Here's wishing that maybe more people will start playing this game so that a training mode would be possible, as well. :D For a shmup with procedurally generated content a training mode for higher difficulties seems especially apt in order to get a better grasp of the game and make more sense of what appears chaotic until you understand the underlying logic, so, yeah, a training mode would be awesome.