Ketsui: Anyone understand how to milk the first boss?

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Spirit X

Ketsui: Anyone understand how to milk the first boss?

Post by Spirit X »

I've seen some videos on this but I can't figure out what's going on. I've tried emptying locking the four propeller pod things and that doesn't seem to do anything so I'm wondering if it's something about WHEN you kill them, not just HOW you kill them?

The videos seem odd because there are long pauses where the players are not shooting at all, which doesn't make sense to me as their chip counter is going down the whole time. I would've thought that the best strategies would be to kill off all the destructible parts and then finish the boss as fast as possible for max bonus.

There's obviously a lot I don't understand here so if anyone can shed some light on it, I'd be very appreciative.
Shepardus

Re: Ketsui: Anyone understand how to milk the first boss?

Post by Shepardus »

The missiles fired by the boss are what turn into chips, so you need to time the destruction of the parts to align with when those are fired.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Spirit X

Re: Ketsui: Anyone understand how to milk the first boss?

Post by Spirit X »

Ah ok, thanks.

It never occurred to me that I could destroy those.