RFjet medal system

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
erzane

RFjet medal system

Post by erzane »

My questions would be the following please:

How many small 500pts shields should I pick up to get the big eagle one?
I ask this because: when I change game difficulty, from easy to normal (or hard) there seems to be less 500pts medals on the ground before the boss (in easy mode, I always get the big eagle shield right before the boss. I kill the last tank close to him and this give me the last medals to get). Now, when I play in normal or hard mode I still miss one, even if I carefully count them it still miss one...Maybe a wrong calculation by my side...

Other thing: if I cannot succeed to pick up enough small 500pts medals before the boss is coming (and before the miklus is coming out), I can create some by ringing the miklus. By this way, even if I get the big eagle shield by sudently collecting the bunch of shields that the miklus is giving to me before exploding him, the bigger gold medals doesn't appears before stage 2, why?
trap15

Re: RFjet medal system

Post by trap15 »

Once you get the big eagle medal, you have to create 10 medals on screen at a time (easy to do by just finding a Miclus and letting all his medals spew out), which then explode. Then you get the gold medals.

For getting enough of the small medals, I think you must get one of the Micluses, or you will not have enough medals. Aside from that as long as you get all the medals in the stage you should be fine.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
erzane

Re: RFjet medal system

Post by erzane »

trap15 wrote:Once you get the big eagle medal, you have to create 10 medals on screen at a time (easy to do by just finding a Miclus and letting all his medals spew out), which then explode. Then you get the gold medals.
I see, now I understand why I couldn't make it by hitting the miklus before getting the eagle.

In fact, on the stage 1, when I'm in ''easy mode'' I can collect the correct number (enough) of medals to get the eagle before hitting the miklus, like this when the miclus is discovered I can use the 10 extra medals and unlock gold medals. But concerning my question, it seems that in ''normal'' and ''harder modes'', one medal is missing during the stage, but I'm not sure (so to be synthetic, my impression is that: a harder mode gameplay will gives you less medals during the 1st stage than the easy mode. To be confirmed...)