Highest scoring replays available (resource topic)

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Meriscan

Re: Highest scoring replays available (resource topic)

Post by Meriscan »

I wanted to suggest that Koizumi's V-Five live run from yesterday could be added to the thread. It ends up scoring "only" 26,443,290, but that's only because he missed just a few items in the last stage costing him 10 million. This run is otherwise extremely optimized and by far the best source for learning how to score in this game.

https://youtu.be/W0R5PJQk6GI
Kino

Post by Kino »

Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Ancient!

Added!
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

https://youtu.be/YIEwuZyV0-A

New Strikers II Lightning replay from Y.Saito
Flobeamer1922

Post by Flobeamer1922 »

NMS now has the highest scoring Vimana replay. https://youtu.be/3ZM_UoQzB1s
RadiantAnsel

Post by RadiantAnsel »

I'm currently working on a DariusBurst index (per say), so let me finish it more deeply and if the chances exist, you could add it to the list

I also need to record that SDI replay I promised long ago haha

A couple of Otomedius AC and Trouble Witches AC would be good to have too.
No fails are allowed.
Meriscan

Post by Meriscan »

Classic Superplay VHS for Cyvern has been uploaded:
Schwarz - 25,493,080
https://youtu.be/6IeVjJ3qhbY
Meriscan

Post by Meriscan »

New SHT replay!

R=- -1944 - The Loop Master
R=score & player & link R=25.367.110 & sht & https://youtu.be/Pj4RDX1HtBA
Meriscan

Post by Meriscan »

R=- -Sengoku Blade
R=ship/character & score & player & link R=Koyori & 2.253.500 & KJU & https://youtu.be/DLmGzZPTW4w
Meriscan

Post by Meriscan »

R=- -Strikers 1945 Plus
R=ship/character & score & player & link R=Pancake & 2.587.500 & ASE-Meriscan & https://youtu.be/xvA1TlrNfXY

My goal was to beat CYS-SAK's now privated replay. Still sad all his stuff is unavailable now, but at least this one can be updated.
Meriscan

Post by Meriscan »

R=- -Shienryu
R=score & player & link R=50.786.980 & Third_strike & https://youtu.be/Vj9h37Ae9NI
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Just wanted to drop a "thank you" here for all the links lately, Meriscan. I'm not being very responsive but I do appreciate it very much.
I like chocolate milk

M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

R=- -Shikigami no Shiro
R=ship/character & score & player & link R=Sayo Yuuki & 5.345.747.260 & SIZR & part 1 https://youtu.be/muhgzU-oCY0 part 2 https://youtu.be/_Df2N9X01Hk part 3 https://youtu.be/_O90XXySE-U

Horrible sound quality by the way :lol:

R=- -Psyvariar 2
R=ship/character & score & player & link R=Buzz Type & 205.347.700 & DESIの弟子 & https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1nx411a7Ta/?p=1 R=Shooting Type & 106.141.700 & U-Z & https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1nx411a7Ta/?p=2

Older YT links are down, but bilibili has them

R=- -Chaos Field
R=character/ship & score & player & link R=Jinn& 201.795.120 & M.Knight & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkB22lPsFk8

The other two characters were there but Jinn was missing
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
Meriscan

Post by Meriscan »

R=- -Soukyugurentai / Terra Diver
R=ship/character & score & player & link R=The blue ship & 35.044.198 & Nakano Ryûzô & https://youtu.be/ikN3nq7Gaaw

New entry for Soukyu with the last ship that doesn't have a listing in this thread yet. I see you're using the japanese names for the characters(?)
Not sure what their name would be, in the score thread on this forum this ship is called S.O.Q.-010: "Mackerel", or Ryouta / Card.
Meriscan

Post by Meriscan »

R=- -Batsugun Special
R=ship/character & score & player & link R=Type B & 99.999.990 [123.356.120] & unknown_noon & https://youtu.be/B28d4nVNv40

Sorry if this is a weird submission, but an insanely good replay has just been released for Batsugun Special. This player goes for very good score routes despite the counterstop. He's posted this comment with his INP, where he guesses he gets around 124 million. I've calculated the score to be exactly 123,356,120 which makes it by far the best scoring replay that I know of. Seeing you've listed "better" counterstop scores for Great Mahou Daisakusen, I thought I should submit this one for Batsugun.
Kino

Post by Kino »

R=- -Mr. Heli no Daibouken
R=score & player & link R=932,160 & Kino & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yFlg5ocNdA
Prickly Angler

Post by Prickly Angler »

Hi ! I’ve been thinking about some stuff regarding this topic and thought I might as well share it here :

- I’m not sure if it’s really fair to list replays above counter stops where players did their own math, or used some sort of cheat engine to count the scores above what the game considers and displays. What feels unfair with what I’d call « best calculated scores » is that players using calculators and emulation would have an advantage over the people who do not or did not have access to these methods, and/or only cared about the real scores. No doubt the players who didn’t have access to counting tools would have tried to score more if the games had allowed to count more, but it wasn’t meant to be because games are what they are.

I understand that people like to count score on their own for fun, and it can totally justify a separate listing, but in no way people counting on their own makes those better scores (or replays) if we are to judge on what the game considers (and the game is always the most objective indicator). The other problem is if you do it for some games why not allow this for every counterstopable game ? It would create a world of issues, especially with marathon runs in multi-looping games. I feel all counterstopable games should all follow the same rules and not have distinctions based on things such as wanting/not wanting to count, or it just being simply possible or not, or at least have some explicit rules in the topic rules for scores above counterstops. Even more odd is the fact that this topic lists countless replays as 10.000.000 +α while the game does keep counting, I don’t understand the logic in counting when the game stops counting, and not counting when the game does count. Maybe those 10M+ scores listed are indeed the highest ones available but in this case why not add the real scores ? The other problem is if you do it for some games why not allow this for every counterstopable game ? It would create a world of issues, especially with marathon runs in multi-looping games. Of course I know this topic isn’t meant to be a ranking, but since you only keep one replay it feels a bit unfair to give an advantage to some replays doing their own personnal calculation.

- "If for one character/category only really bad replays exist, I won't list any. Replays have to fulfill at least certain criteria."

Do you have specific creteria for determining what is a good or bad replay ? I’m sure you can agree what’s a good and bad replay is higly subjective to a certain extend, so I was curious to know on what base do you establish that. Have you played and scored every single game on the list ? If not I’d be interested in knowing how you make your own opinion.

- « Only arcade games first. No console specific games/modes. Once the list has grown, we can proceed. »

Now that the list has grown when do you think will be the time to add console and non-JP arcade games to this list ? I’m sure such a list would benefit to lots of people.

- "No TAS or cheated runs allowed, whether it may be with the abuse of savestates or slowdown (this includes a number of replays specifically from the following people: BGR-44 / Chibarei, まりめきっず, AZK-BAC, ため, edusword, Schlauchi, ...).

You might want to be more explict about what you consider a « cheated run », as what counts as a « cheat » or not is a highly subjective opinion. For instance runs using external autofire and frame buttons are technically tool-assisted runs (as you’re playing outside of what the game allows) and yet there’s lots of them in the topic. Also there’s some edusword runs that are still listed here.

Obviously all this is just my personnal opinion on how I think the topic could be more clear, feel free to disagree or not. I am very grateful for all the work done and i’m very happy that this topic exists :) !
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Thanks for the kind words and the interesting thoughts! Let me address a couple of things.
Prickly Angler wrote:- I’m not sure if it’s really fair to list replays above counter stops where players did their own math, or used some sort of cheat engine to count the scores above what the game considers and displays. What feels unfair with what I’d call « best calculated scores » is that players using calculators and emulation would have an advantage over the people who do not or did not have access to these methods, and/or only cared about the real scores. No doubt the players who didn’t have access to counting tools would have tried to score more if the games had allowed to count more, but it wasn’t meant to be because games are what they are.
As of now, this is only relevant for Mushihimesama Futari (Ultra) and Batsugun Special. Both are games with, comparatively speaking, very easy to achieve counterstops. Due to this, both titles are completely ignored by score chasing players. The two calculated replays you can now find in the opening post are the only two that not aim for a simple counterstop but actually aim far, far beyond that. Therefore, I don't see any unfair advantage towards other replays, as simply no other ones exist playing in the same league.

Prickly Angler wrote:Even more odd is the fact that this topic lists countless replays as 10.000.000 +α while the game does keep counting, I don’t understand the logic in counting when the game stops counting, and not counting when the game does count. Maybe those 10M+ scores listed are indeed the highest ones available but in this case why not add the real scores ?
My bad for not elaborating on the use of "+α" in this topic. It's used slightly differently here compared to its use among Japanese players. I use it to indicate cases for which the final score can't be determined. The replays usually cut off and we can't tell for certain what the end result is. The reason why the replays cut off is evident: the players had one clear goal on their mind (i.e. 10,000,000) and then didn't care about the rest. I have tried to reflect this in the notation via +α but it might have turned out idiosyncratic in the end.

Therefore, whenever possible, my approach aims at consistency: count the score no matter what- arbitrary thresholds in the Japanese scene or game-internal counterstops notwithstanding. Check out the Toaplan section to see a great number of scores past the magic 10 million goal.

Prickly Angler wrote:- "If for one character/category only really bad replays exist, I won't list any. Replays have to fulfill at least certain criteria."

Do you have specific creteria for determining what is a good or bad replay ? I’m sure you can agree what’s a good and bad replay is higly subjective to a certain extend, so I was curious to know on what base do you establish that. Have you played and scored every single game on the list ? If not I’d be interested in knowing how you make your own opinion.
The quoted sentence is mostly a relic of the past by now. As the topic has grown over the years, I have added many replays that are rather low-balling in terms of score. I probably still have some minimal standards on my end such as 1cc and more or less aiming for score but it has become very lax by now.

Prickly Angler wrote:- « Only arcade games first. No console specific games/modes. Once the list has grown, we can proceed. »

Now that the list has grown when do you think will be the time to add console and non-JP arcade games to this list ? I’m sure such a list would benefit to lots of people.
I don't have any personal interest in this (for a great variety of reasons, mostly laziness) but it would be great to see someone else (you?) take over and open a separate topic for this! It's a somewhat daunting task...
I like chocolate milk

maximo310

Post by maximo310 »

Blazing Star Windina 70.66 million from Boredom

R=- -Blazing Star
R=ship/character & score & player & link R=Windina & 70.664.670 & Boredom & https://youtu.be/aIolRqMHcEQ
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

Prickly Angler wrote:non-JP arcade games
There are some in the list. Afega, Comad, and Semicom are all Korean devs. DDP2 is technically Taiwanese because it was made by IGS. Did you mean euroshmups? I can't think of any arcade releases besides Xenon.
For instance runs using external autofire and frame buttons are technically tool-assisted runs (as you’re playing outside of what the game allows) and yet there’s lots of them in the topic.
Regardless of what the MAME community has told you, autofire is not TAS or cheating. Japanese arcades have had custom autofire setups for decades, and it's mainly to prevent RSI from playing games (which absolutely can happen with extensive button-mashing). Sure, autofire breaks some games (Vimana and Lethal Thunder come to mind), but generally, around here, it's accepted and welcome.
Prickly Angler

Post by Prickly Angler »

I don't have any personal interest in this (for a great variety of reasons, mostly laziness) but it would be great to see someone else (you?) take over and open a separate topic for this! It's a somewhat daunting task...
It would require a lot of knowledge about console shmups, which I do not have. I'd wish to see some console modes or non-JP shmups/internationnal/non-default difficulty versions in the ranking too, especially those that score high such as Ben Shinobi's Saturn mode RSG replay, but I wouldn't be able to contribute much to the topic.
There are some in the list. Afega, Comad, and Semicom are all Korean devs. DDP2 is technically Taiwanese because it was made by IGS. Did you mean euroshmups? I can't think of any arcade releases besides Xenon.
I also mean stuff like Sagaia, Nemesis, etc.
Regardless of what the MAME community has told you, autofire is not TAS or cheating. Japanese arcades have had custom autofire setups for decades, and it's mainly to prevent RSI from playing games (which absolutely can happen with extensive button-mashing). Sure, autofire breaks some games (Vimana and Lethal Thunder come to mind), but generally, around here, it's accepted and welcome.
I have no interest in Mame community or what they do foreign arcades. I just meant tools outside the game like pausing, rewinding, etc., autofire certainly counts as one of those if it's not something in-game. There’s not much difference between a replay done with autofire and one done with pausing, etc. (some replays listed here such as the Darius ones might use the two), so I think it’d be better to say explicetely what is allowed or not as the word « cheating » can mean anything you want basically.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

If you're interested in console/PC game videos, Restart Syndrome's replay database accepts those and has a lot of them. It's not as meticulously curated as the list here, but what we have covers a lot of ground already and anyone can add to make it more complete.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Changed the opening post to the new table format. Should be usable again!
I like chocolate milk

marus

Post by marus »

1st post looks good. Thanks for keeping this thread up to date! It's been a really useful resource to me and others over the years.

Touhou's an arcade game now, so I can start spamming you with Touhou runs!

Touhou Dengenkei ~ Perfect Sakura Fantastica - Phantasm - Sanae - 8,484,758,230 by はんぺん
Touhou Dengenkei ~ Perfect Sakura Fantastica - Phantasm - Marisa - 8,230,408,200 by はんぺん

I've also been keeping track of whatever good Fantastic Danmaku Festival II runs I can find in the high score thread I created. I understand if you don't want to track those here, but I figure I'd point that out since it's like 98% the same game as the Exa port.

EmperorIng also posted a new Giga Wing 2 score recently!

Giga Wing 2 - Romi/Sparrow (RF) - 58,270,662,163,012,150 by EmperorIng
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Thanks for the feedback and the valuable links!

I have decided to add the Touhou game and list replays for arcade and PC versions with the former having priority in listing. Since you have collected the links so beautifully already in your highscore topic, I couldn't say no. I did add a few new replays as well so check it out!
I like chocolate milk

marus

Post by marus »

Awesome, thanks! I appreciate the new replays too.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

We have now surpassed 1000 edits of the opening post over the past 5 years!

Thanks so much for all the contributions!
I like chocolate milk

third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Thank you for your incalculable efforts!
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Wishing to pop in and say the same. This is one of the forum threads I consult more than any other, so all the work is definitely used and appreciated!
marus

Post by marus »

I didn't pop in earlier but I'll second all the sentiments above - thanks for running this thread Plasmo! This is a valuable collection of replays, both for learning and just for watching cool runs.

ZZZ's posted some new scores in the past few days - one for Touhou Dengenkei, and one for Saidaioujou Exa Label! Both of these are new JHA records (although the Saidaioujou run wasn't a clear).

Touhou Dengenkei ~ Perfect Sakura Fantastica - Hard - Sanae - 29,240,793,290
Dodonpachi Saidaioujou Exa Label - Type A - 442,261,074,546

EDIT: Koizumi posted a new Giga Wing 2 score last week too. He's getting really close to the WR!

Giga Wing 2 - Carmine Plus - 87,388,908,635,528,270