(RQ) Mushi Futari 1.5 stage 3 original

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
GeekMan1222

(RQ) Mushi Futari 1.5 stage 3 original

Post by GeekMan1222 »

Ok so I put a number of hours into this game and every time I play stage 3 ends up being a make or break stage. Im playing on original hardware and while I havent played in the past few months. I have made it to Larsa more than a few times on 1cc and by best PB I got her half way down on HP!! After that I started slowly moving on to some other games for a bit. But now I think Im ready to go all out and 1cc it!! And this would be my first 1CC ever !! 8) not counting Cave novice modes on 360 lol

I play Orginal Reco standard shot
My current PB is 233,881,963 stage 5 boss

Anyways I watched numerous 1cc super plays on youtube dozens of times over while i was practicing, learning the game, and picking up scoring tricks. Stage 3 though.. just no matter how I approach it trys to throw me a curve ball maybe theres some RNG but I think its my approach. I watch players play stage 3 and I try to emulate it but Im not consistent enough at it. It usually feels like a 50/50 chance ill lose a life even after being warmed up and 2 hours or more in practicing in one session. On average I lose zero or at least one life with good runs and at worst I can lose 2 lives or more on that map which is practically game over at my level and the final boss is usually the nail for the coffin at that point.

Whats the best way to approach this stage, to keep my pathing consistent and not run into any issues or surprises? I usually start getting beat up mid way through the map. And I memorized all the "rolly pollys" that pop out or at least then I had all them all memorized. I try to be more aggressive to kill things way before they appear and while that seems to work its still not consistent and then I over do it eventually and start getting to aggressive. Stage 4 isnt bad and Stage 5 really isnt too bad either though the rank will start to try to get me towards the end on a good run and its a real rush especially if im on the brink of a game over. Maybe I just need more hours would be an obvious answer but for now if I can get stage 3 down consistently I think it would really improve my over all game, plus dieing on stage 3 all the time really starts to get old when I know I can make it further.

Any tips would be great and there are some high rank players in here I know that have played this game because I seen at least a few of you guys replays.

I REALLY wish I could provide footage of my best and worst runs but its very poor quality using a camcorder on a NAC lol and I dont have a streaming setup built for it yet :cry: .

Just anything would be useful because last time i kept trying and trying to understand stage 3 the more I ran out of ideas
Maybe some of the following.
-When your playing this stage whats your priority when it comes to survival?
-How do you approach certain pattern/enemies?
-How aggressive are you with certain enemies, do you try to point blank everything as best you can?
-How strict would you say the route is on this map?

Thank you so much. I received help here last time I was working on a game and it was very helpful. Any comments are welcome :lol:
SMC

Re: (RQ) Mushi Futari 1.5 stage 3 original

Post by SMC »

I REALLY wish I could provide footage of my best and worst runs but its very poor quality using a camcorder on a NAC lol and I dont have a streaming setup built for it yet
Poor quality is better than nothing, and it's hard to give helpful advice without knowing what you're already doing.
-When your playing this stage whats your priority when it comes to survival?
The priority for survival is always to eliminate the biggest threats as soon as you can.
Forget about using the correct shot or point blanking completely, just do whatever keeps you the safest.
Also use your bombs. When practicing you should know how to deal with everything without using bombs, but you should use them ALL in a survival run. Don't save them because you think they'll be more useful later, use them whenever things get even slightly out of hand.

-How do you approach certain pattern/enemies?
They're all pretty straightforward, but in general I take out the large enemies as soon as they appear so you're free to deal with popcorn.
Otherwise you end up having to deal with the large enemy AND the popcorn at the same time.
Remember where the large flying enemies come from. The first comes in from the left, the second comes in from the right. If you anticipate them you can take them out before they become even remotely dangerous.
A good thing to know about the large beetles is the way their opening attack works. They shoot three waves of red bullets. The outer waves aim a bullet directly at your hitbox, while the middle wave is aimed away (ie. it aims a gap at your position). You have to tap to avoid the outer waves but for the middle wave you just sit still and it goes around you.
Remember the waves of ladybugs after the midboss or you could get backed into a corner and have to do a risky cutback.
And as you already know, take out all rolys immediately. Don't try to dodge inbetween their spreads if you can help it, go around them completely.
The hardest part is the boss. His movement is random so you just have to have a general approach to each attack and pay attention.
The attacks to watch out for are 1-3, 1-4 and 3. Don't be afraid to bomb any of those, especially the last one.
-How aggressive are you with certain enemies, do you try to point blank everything as best you can?
Not for survival, that would be too dangerous. Score players who point blank a lot don't take huge risks, they know exactly what's going to happen at any given moment. most of the time
If your priority is the 1cc, keep your distance. Since you play normal Reco this also means your C-shot will cover a wider range, greatly lowering the risk of getting sniped by popcorn.
-How strict would you say the route is on this map?
For survival, not very strict. There are many ways to do the stage but for consistency you should stick to one route and follow it without making detours. Unless you're already correcting a mistake deviations only lead to uncertainty, risk and death.

Good luck with the 1cc :D
From the looks of it you're already incredibly close.
GeekMan1222

Post by GeekMan1222 »

Thanks for the advice, I actually tweaked some settings on my new camcorder and after about 2 days of practice I ended up recording a REALLY good run 5th/4th on my PB. I cant remember the last time I went all the way to stage 5 without dieing. So I guess this would be helpful lol.

Stage 5 was a mess though I only played it twice since i started. Also I made a few scoring trick mistakes lol if you have a keen eye you prolly noticed something like the Spider on stage 4

Also a few dangerous near misses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3WMM8TPytc
SMC

Post by SMC »

Once the web appears it soaks up a lot of your damage, so it's important to do enough damage to the midboss itself beforehand to avoid the web being destroyed. Switching to shot so early also meant that more damage went to the web, and less to the midboss.
Nice run, just need a better stage 5 and it's in the bag.
GeekMan1222

Post by GeekMan1222 »

Thanks thats definately worthy of a recording and Ill be watching that replay alot for my own use.
But thats an example of a good run it took alot of plays to get that one. So hopefully i can build more consistant runs maybe.

Didnt know that about the spider

Maybe ill get some video of some bad runs lol