Ikaruga chapter 3 after first section help

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Bkeela

Ikaruga chapter 3 after first section help

Post by Bkeela »

After the first stage of chapter 3, you face some mid sized craft coming down either side. Next come some small plane like craft in rapid succession. To chain them you basically have to hit them point blank, which would be fine if they started at the same place with the same pattern, but their pattern and start position seem to be random.

Is there some timing trick to get them into a nice predictable pattern, or do you simply have to learn to deal with whatever comes your way?
Plasmo

Re: Ikaruga chapter 3 after first section help

Post by Plasmo »

The ships come down in complete random order. Try to see where they are coming from as soon as they are appearing on screen.

Also note that the 7th and 8th chain will always be in one row so you can shoot them straight to gain some more time for the 9th chain onwards again. This is the only element which is not random.

As usual, practice makes perfect.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
Bkeela

Post by Bkeela »

Thanks.
ciox

Post by ciox »

You said pointblanking so I feel I should mention, they pointblank those ships in superplays but that's not really necessary it just lets you absorb their death bullets better, you can sit at the bottom of the screen or start near the middle and go downwards, makes it a lot easier.