SD: Kingdom GP / Shippu Mahou max scoring

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
ProjectAKo

SD: Kingdom GP / Shippu Mahou max scoring

Post by ProjectAKo »

I've spent quite some time fully researching this game to be able to meet the current Arcadia score (2,262,xxx), but I don't think I'm going to have much time to play anymore, so I'm going to dump everything I've learned here so that it can be saved for later, because I'm probably quitting it now.

Savestate demonstration - Stage 1 & 2
http://www.twitch.tv/project_ako/v/48962338 (sound is broke, fixed in the next video)
Stage 1
Important points:
The main scoring trick in this game is the bomb twirl glitch. You usually get double points for bumping into stuff when you character does a twirl animation. You can activate a glitched permanent twirl by using a bomb while twirling. Doing this at the start will also let you bomb the other racers and slow them down, leading to easy victories. If you accidentally do another twirl, the glitch will be cancelled. You must move extremely carefully to avoid doing another twirl for the entirety of each level.

Stage 1
For stage 1, just activate the glitch and speed through the level bumping everything. Some big skull ships worth 3k wont spawn sometimes. It's an unfortunate glitch. If you don't reach the boss with 31400 points, reset, because you missed some points due to this glitch.

BOSS
Check the video. You can do a very complex manipulation of the boss's AI to kill him insanely fast. Basically, spawn the boss at MAX SPEED, then, let his wing gun fall onto you. This will lower your speed and the boss speed to minimum. Since he spawned at MAX SPEED but is now moving at MINIMUM SPEED, his AI will be completely broke. He won't fire for a good 10 seconds. Like this, you can bump into one of his wings 8 times, weakening it. Then go over to the other wing and bump into it 9 times, destroying it for double points. His main gun will open now, but since you already weakened his other wing, just go over there and pop it instantly. Since you speedkilled the boss like this, many extra enemies will spawn before the finish line, worth a lot.

Stage 2
Activate the twirl glitch. It's extremely hard to win Air Circus, but you can like I did in the video, by going at max speed through most of it and ignoring low value enemies. Winning is going to be worth 10k points. Check the video.

Flamingoes
This game actually has flamingoes, except they're logs instead of birds. If you bump glitch into these logs, you get 2k points each, compared to 250 points for shooting them. You can get a massive boost from doing these correctly, but it's near impossible to hit a lot of them consistently.

BOSS
You absolutely must stay at max speed and bump into him, even though it's very dangerous. You can't win the race if you slow down here - the other racers are very aggressive in this stage.

Savestate demonstration - Rest of the game
Stage 3
http://www.twitch.tv/project_ako/v/48962655
Not much to say here. Just activate the bomb glitch and bump the boss, and easily win the race. There's not many targets to bump here. Zombies are bugged and don't give bonus points.

BOSS
To get the boss to the right health, try shooting exactly 7 volleys of your shurikens. Then he'll be low enough to bump.
Note that your weak main shot cancels the damage of your powerful homing shot. So shooting from the side is actually better, and does more consistent, countable damage.

Stage 4
Very risky, complicated, and error prone stage. Try doing what I do in the video for the best results. Make jerky short movements in this level or you will accidentally twirl.

Note: The ice boulders are very hard to kill, almost impossible to bump for the full 1k points. It helps if your speed is high, because rank goes UP when you lower your speed. At high speed they have slightly less health.

BOSS
You can once again screw with the scrolling and make the boss descend very slowly if done right. Then you can get stuck up there inside him doing a lot of bump damage very quickly. After that, the boss is very hard, one of the hardest parts of the game if he does bad patterns. Try using the triangular motion in the video to solve all his attacks, or stay on the left to lure all his slow ice balls to the left. It's not absolutely horrible to die here, because you need to suicide for bombs in the next stage anyway. Don't bump into something and lower the scroll speed. It will raise the rank of the boss and make him much more annoying.

Stage 5
First of all, you must LOSE this race, so go as slowly as possible. Suicide in the way shown in the video so you can collect all 3 powerups instantly after dying. You need bombs here, because you can spam bombs during the mid section to get almost 10k per bomb from those respawning enemies.

BOSS
Just follow the video.

Stage 6
This is the most important and high scoring stage. Once again you must LOSE this race to fully milk everything, but you will easily win the tournament from points. The missile jars give many more points than boulders, so focus on them.

BOSS
You can kill this boss more quickly by bumping him when he isn't doing the missile attack. You must kill him ASAP so more gunships spawn after him. The gunship section is the single biggest source of points in the game. Weaken the gunships and destroy their turrets (1k each) with your shurikens, and bump kill them for double score. It should be possible to have 1.3 million points at the end of it all.

Stage 2-1
Same as stage 1 except stuff has more life. This is the last race you will win. It's fine if you come in 2nd also, because sometimes there's 1 racer who you can't even catch in the opening bomb.

BOSS
Use the same manipulation as for the stage 1 boss, except now you must bump the wing 14 times, and do a pretty risky rotation around the screen around his main gun.

Stage 2-2
Just follow the video.

BOSS
You can kill this guy way faster by doing what I did here, which is luring him over to the right and bumplocking yourself into his hitbox against the screen boundary. Works great when he does the fire attack. Make sure to get away when you see the center spread attack. More big enemies will spawn on a speedkill

Stage 2-3
Don't activate the glitch here. Just go slowly and shoot everything.

BOSS
Activate the glitch near the boss (don't hit him with the full bomb), and then bump his arms. His head doesn't give extra bump points due to a programming error. And it really is a programming error. I've inspected that code myself, and it checks to see if the boss himself is twirling rather than the player (which is impossible, so he'll never give extra points)

Stage 2-4
Don't activate the glitch. Just go slow and kill everything.

BOSS
Very hard boss when he does his danmaku attack. Try doing the triangle motion in the video to maybe survive it. There's another programming error with this guy so he'll never give up double score.

Stage 2-5
Hardest stage by far. Do exactly what I did in the video to make the most eyeball enemies spawn. Those are the main source of points. The coffin isn't worth enough points to risk freeing the vampire.

BOSS
Damn near impossible boss. Just do what I did in the video but more carefully. Bumping this guy gives you the most score in the entire game - 110,000 points, so don't mess it up.

Stage 2-6
Kind of a breather honestly. Try the route in the video, it's not as dangerous as it seems.

BOSS
Just do what I did in the video. For max consistency, if you have lives left over, try doing some suicides for more bombs. Basically, after you destroy his armor, die immediately, and then blow two bombs directly on him. Now he'll be right in health range to shoot his arms at you (you must destroy these arms, they're worth a lot). Destroy the arms with the third bomb and die once again. Now, activate the glitch and bump him from above. Alls that's left is to far the extremely dangerous enemies after him.

It should be possible to reach 2,300,000 on a perfect run.