RQ: Dariusburst AC enemy point values

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
CloudyMusic

RQ: Dariusburst AC enemy point values

Post by CloudyMusic »

Right now I'm trying to plan out some scoring routes in DBACEX, and knowing the relative values of different enemies and waves plays a significant role in that.

I know that each enemy has a base point value assigned to it, and there's often an additional score bonus on top of that if you destroy an entire enemy wave, which is represented by colored text that pops up when you earn one. One exception seems to be on midbosses, where the colored text that gets displayed just indicates the net pointgain from the midboss. (I guess you could think of it as the midboss having a zero base point value, plus a wave bonus.)

There are some cases where the base values of the enemies in a wave are somewhat low but the wave clear bonus is very large (the group of 3 satellites in zones A, D, O, etc.), and I assume the reverse may also be true sometimes, making things a bit more complicated.

Is there any easy way to know what an enemy's base point value is? It's not always easy to be sure by analyzing the score counter if there's a lot of stuff happening on screen at the same time.
CStarFlare

Re: RQ: Dariusburst AC enemy point values

Post by CStarFlare »

I know in previous games the wave bonus (the text that pops up) is usually 10x individual enemy value. Is this not the case in DBAC?
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

That could definitely be the case: the one 100% verified example I have is those satellites, which have a 50,000-point wave bonus, and the base value of each enemy is 5,000. If that were true, I guess that would make the wave bonus less important for large waves of tiny enemies, and more important for smaller waves of big enemies. (I also happen to know that the large gunships have a base value of 20,000, but I don't think those have a wave clear bonus.)

I'm still not sure if I should always just assume "small enemies = low value," "big enemies = high value" yet, but that definitely gives me some math to play with.
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

This site has a lot of good info: http://www24.atwiki.jp/darius/pages/56.html Values for all boss parts etc. Also confirms that the wave bonus is 10x the value of a single enemy. Ship information is especially detailed.

CS mode has a bunch of new enemies and bosses, will have to figure those out by watching replays. Gigantic Bite has a ton of 'milkable' attacks but tends to go near timeout even if you fight aggressively.
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

That's a great site, thanks Zaarock.
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Sort of off topic, but for CS mode:

Gigantic Bite
Base value: 100,000
Goblin Shark: 30,000 x 10
Large missile: 30,000 x 6