Zero Wing secrets in Outzone ...

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Gemant

Re: Zero Wing secrets in Outzone ...

Post by Gemant »

At the time of my guide, I tried on a specific romset (not remember the set) and this trick not work. But now, on japanese version of current mame (or in parent set If I remember well) this work. The same for bridge in 1P.
atro

Post by atro »

Gemant wrote:Image

At the time of my guide, I tried on a specific romset (not remember the set) and this trick not work. But now, on japanese version of current mame (or in parent set If I remember well) this work. The same for bridge in 1P.
WOW !!

I've never seen those before!
Image . Image
ave

Post by ave »

Really cool secret given that it's a unique enemy sprite, but unfortunately quite useless... only appears if you have 0 lives and 0 bombs after stage 5 boss.
THE ETERNAL
_rm_

Post by _rm_ »

ave wrote:Really cool secret given that it's a unique enemy sprite, but unfortunately quite useless... only appears if you have 0 lives and 0 bombs after stage 5 boss.
But in the picture it shows one bomb. I'm confused now ...
ave

Post by ave »

Erm, good point. I just tried to track down the source where I read about it, but couldn't find it. I think I was mistaken and the requirement was 0 lives and exactly 1 bomb instead... I personally could never be bothered to trigger this secret because I wasn't in the mood yet to waste a run all the way to stage 6.
THE ETERNAL
Hrvat9

Post by Hrvat9 »

Revival! I just made the blue biplanes pop up in level 2 ;first time ever seeing this or knowing of any secrets this game has…if you ask me how I did it I couldn’t tell you , it was by accident haha