shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:55 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: Re: ST: Darius II
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 12:38 pm 

No reason to feel embarassed, the guide is great, it’s a very personnal take on the matter and it’s always usefull. A lot of the strats can be applied to basically any route so thanks again for the tips ! Don’t know what SD stands for but it definetely belongs in the strategy topics imo 8)

People should definetely go with a good rapidfire for discovering the game first, B/Normal difficulty just takes away power-ups so you’ll never have enough firepower to kill some of the midbosses without it. Again there hasn’t been a single declared 1CC of the two screen version without at least 10hz rapidfire (if you find one please let me know), though it’s definetely something I want to try again sometime, it is doable. It’d be a huge achievement to do it with 5hz.

A/Easy/Original difficulty is definetely balanced for a very reasonnable mashing frequency, or a very low rapidfire if you don’t like tapping. With 30hz it’s definetely too easy and not very challenging for skilled shmupers, so I can totally see your point about the cab being avoided by top japanese players, it’s definetely a shame... :(

Quote:
This means the shot rate was something around 15 shots per second

So if I understand correctly the rapidfire frequency of the dipswitches settings is something like 15hz ? Despatche said it had either « slow » or « fast » frequencies but EmperorIng told me that they were basically the same. Could you confirm this ?

OT/Self promotion : On May 22 I'll be running Darius II live at the Shoot the Baguette event organized by Juju Kenobi. The schedule can be find there :
https://horaro.org/stb3/stb3

I'll go for an easy clear since I don't have too much experience with live events and the game is already unfriendly enough as it is lol. Feel free to tune in :D :
https://twitter.com/JujuKenobi_Stg/stat ... 1404002309

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:34 am 

Sorry I meant to reply to this weeks ago. I don't actually know much about the exact fire rates or the dipswitches of the PCB, but just from experience with various home versions the default feels something like 15hz. If you've ever played the Saturn version of the game the default auto-fire in that is more or less the same as the arcade versions I've encountered.

On a different note I'm hoping to completely remake this guide from the ground up over summer break with new routes, strategies, video/.gif supplements etc. It will give me a good project for my new capture card. I also intend to finally clean up and publish my Darius 1 guide that's been sitting in a folder unreleased for almost 5 years...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:29 pm 

Quote:
On a different note I'm hoping to completely remake this guide from the ground up over summer break with new routes, strategies, video/.gif supplements etc. It will give me a good project for my new capture card. I also intend to finally clean up and publish my Darius 1 guide that's been sitting in a folder unreleased for almost 5 years...

That'd be amazing, can't wait !! :D.

I'd like to write up some subtitle on my runs eventually but I feel it might be better to try to no-miss every final zones instead of commenting only shitclears. Shitclears are sure usefull to comment since it can show what not to do, relate more to beginners' playlevel, etc, and I do plan on commenting some, but I'm not exactly satisfied with most of my runs to say the least. I also want to increase my score (PB is at around 3 300 000, and was surprisingly done more than two months ago at a time when I didn't knew the game that much).

Also can't wait for your Darius I guide (even though I bet you're gonna go with Extra).

Offline Profile