RQ: Raiden 1 Miclus

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
cathoderaze

RQ: Raiden 1 Miclus

Post by cathoderaze »

What triggers a miclus appearance when shooting crates in Raiden? I don't believe it to be random but I can't figure out what causes it. Sorry if this was covered before I couldn't find any info.

(fixed thread title /mod)
FRO

Re: RQ: Raiden 1 Miclus

Post by FRO »

I've wondered the same thing. Sometimes I will get a Miclus on the first stage, sometimes I won't, and I generally play the same, in terms of path, weapon upgrades, etc. every time.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

I was always told that the Micluses in Raiden and Raiden II were totally random. I think the blue medals in II and DX are also random?
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
FRO

Post by FRO »

Despatche wrote:I was always told that the Micluses in Raiden and Raiden II were totally random. I think the blue medals in II and DX are also random?
Been a while since I booted up II, but yes, I do remember the blue medals being random, or at least appearing that way. I wonder why they abandoned the blue medals in later games?
Square_Air

Post by Square_Air »

I think the Miclus spawns might be connected to how many medals you uncover (possibly without dying?). I remember some of the early ones would appear consistently when I played the same way. I think there might even be other factors affecting the spawns as well. Medal drops can be glitchy and sometimes you won't get a medal when you collect it, which may explain the inconsistency in Miclus spawns.
ImageImageImage
| 1cc | Twitch |