GD: PSP Star Soldier

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
iatneH

GD: PSP Star Soldier

Post by iatneH »

I guess this could be a general question applicable to the PS2 and GameCube versions, but I'm wondering how to release the yellow bonus items (the ones worth 500 points). I never have any at the stage summary screens.

<changed RQ to GD -inc.>
rib

Post by rib »

the same question im having for this game, just the last boss releases some yellow triangles.
i remember i saw them more recently on the gc version, but i dont know why.
iatneH

Post by iatneH »

Ooh ooh!! I think I figured it out..!

After you collect 100 blue point bonuses, all bonuses which appear afterwards will be large yellow bonuses. Blue bonuses which are already on screen when you collect the 100th bonus will not become yellow bonuses though, so it is possible to get more than 100 at the end of the stage.
Bonuses are released by destroyed enemies, and there are also these blue dot-things in the background that release bonuses when hit by your secondary weapon.

Also, it's important to chain the "Z" icons. The first one is worth 500 points, and the value doubles throughout the stage until you die, at that point starting over at 500. BURN!

Bullets can also be nullified by the secondary weapon and each nullified bullet is worth 10 points (I think). So it's possible to milk bosses for a little bit and such, but it seems like the bosses self-destruct after a certain amount of time (not sure).

I'm still not doing too well with this game, but the best way I've found to collect the blue bonuses is to use the Enigma and point-blank the blue dots with the burner. Sadly, I hate using that ship :(

Boss milking can be done with Enigma, since you can activate your burner safely without damaging the boss, but it's difficult to clear large amounts of bullets.
Rundael can practically clear the screen with a single laser sweep, yielding more points, but it will do some damage to the boss. Using the laser also runs the risk of hitting the bonus dots far up the screen during the stages, but the ship's high speed allows you to zip around to collect the bonuses. Watch out for collisions with enemies!

....And I don't really have any strategies for A.Caesar :\

If any one has corrections to make, please post!!
RotateMe

Post by RotateMe »

Sorry for reviving this thread but I just got this game and I think it's pretty decent. I have two more questions:

What are 2 and 5 minute modes about? Can I get additional time? I once met another boss after the first boss, but I didn't take longer than usual to take out the first one.

Other question is: how do I unlocked the locked menu points? Just playing some time?
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

RotateMe wrote:What are 2 and 5 minute modes about? Can I get additional time? I once met another boss after the first boss, but I didn't take longer than usual to take out the first one.
They are the game's caravan, aka. score attack modes. You have a set amount of time (2 or 5 minutes, in this case) to score as much as possible. You do not get any time extensions. Trick is to destroy each enemy wave as fast as possible so the next one will appear sooner = more enemies to destroy = more points.

High-score thread here.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
Damocles

Post by Damocles »

RotateMe wrote:Other question is: how do I unlocked the locked menu points? Just playing some time?
If it's anything like the PSP version, you have to 1cc the game.
RotateMe

Post by RotateMe »

Thanks for the quick questions, and yes I am talking about the PSP version.
Damocles

Post by Damocles »

Have fun with the Quantum. Teehee.
TripleA

Post by TripleA »

Ehm die Z Bonus bring you at first 500 then 1000 then 4000 then 10.000 then 40.000 and at last 80.000 and it begins from 500 ... The Blue Head (Middle Boss?) gives you 80.000 Bonus if you defeat him before he regenerate to a Head ;) The best way to get much Points in Star Soldiers is you shot the eNEMYs so fast you can after every "Swarm" you can get a extra Bonus for defeating them fast ;) I Played this tooo mich i defeated the last Boss in God Mode with 5 Lives xD This Game is one of my Favourite. Aaaah and in the 2min and 5min Modus is it the same with the Point System you can earn some special time if you get much blue triangles so i thing :P GIve it an Highscore of this Game here? :D

You can Unlock the God Mode igf you beat the Brain in Hard Mode!!! The rest is Life Bonus if you played all (9 Lives Maximum) you can play the God Mode but nathin goes on after this ;) You must got an Highscore with all Ships to reach the "Level Choise" Option! :D Oh man i play this Game so much i love this Game so :D

Aaaaaah and a small Trick i explain it in German maybe anybody can Translate it!

Ihr muesst das zweite Schiff mit dem Feuerschuss als Extra waehlen. Wenn ihr das Feuer anwendet verschwinden die Gegnerischen schuesse aber aufgepasst uihr habt den Scheiss nur begrenzt. Hier mein Trick ihr muesst den rythmus selber rausfinden aber mit einem sehr simplen rythmus ist dsa Feuer andauern ueber eurem Schiff und schuetzt euch sozusagen. So komm ich beim letzten Boss ohne ein Leben zu verlieren zu dritten Stufe!!!!

Edit: If you wanne defeat the Bosses fast you can sue the Ship with the Power Laser as Special. In the Third form of the Last Boss you cann destroy him in less then 30 sec.!!!! The Laser make alot of Damage!!!
TLB

Post by TLB »

TripleA wrote:Ehm die Z Bonus bring you at first 500 then 1000 then 4000 then 10.000 then 40.000 and at last 80.000 and it begins from 500 ... The Blue Head (Middle Boss?) gives you 80.000 Bonus if you defeat him before he regenerate to a Head ;) The best way to get much Points in Star Soldiers is you shot the eNEMYs so fast you can after every "Swarm" you can get a extra Bonus for defeating them fast ;)
Aaaaaah and a small Trick i explain it in German maybe anybody can Translate it!

Ihr muesst das zweite Schiff mit dem Feuerschuss als Extra waehlen. Wenn ihr das Feuer anwendet verschwinden die Gegnerischen schuesse aber aufgepasst uihr habt den Scheiss nur begrenzt. Hier mein Trick ihr muesst den rythmus selber rausfinden aber mit einem sehr simplen rythmus ist dsa Feuer andauern ueber eurem Schiff und schuetzt euch sozusagen. So komm ich beim letzten Boss ohne ein Leben zu verlieren zu dritten Stufe!!!!
I'm bored as all hell, so here goes on that translation =D I don't have my dictionary with me so I'll be missing some stuff (probably stuff I should know anyway xD)

"You must hit the second ship with the fire(?)(shit, I should know Schuss xD) than Extra. If you (not sure on those verbs) (enemies, something?), but watch out or look out, you've only (something?) the shit (lol). (This part's going to suck, but here goes =D) Here ['s] my trick: You must (I can't remember selber or raus xD) find the rhythm, but with a very simple rhythm, the (Feuer? fire?) lasts (over? above?) your ship and (something) you, so to say. That's how I get to the last boss without losing a life (to? for?) [the] third (I should probably know Stufe, too xD)."

Not very helpful, but it killed some time I could've spent better doing something else ^_^

Can we get Plasmo, Frederik, Jockel, Herr Schatten, someone in here to do it right lol? I wanna see how crappy I did =)
Frederik

Post by Frederik »

m3tall1ca wrote:
TripleA wrote: Ihr muesst das zweite Schiff mit dem Feuerschuss als Extra waehlen. Wenn ihr das Feuer anwendet verschwinden die Gegnerischen schuesse aber aufgepasst uihr habt den Scheiss nur begrenzt. Hier mein Trick ihr muesst den rythmus selber rausfinden aber mit einem sehr simplen rythmus ist dsa Feuer andauern ueber eurem Schiff und schuetzt euch sozusagen. So komm ich beim letzten Boss ohne ein Leben zu verlieren zu dritten Stufe!!!!
Not very helpful, but it killed some time I could've spent better doing something else ^_^

Can we get Plasmo, Frederik, Jockel, Herr Schatten, someone in here to do it right lol? I wanna see how crappy I did =)
"You´ll have to select the second ship with the fireshot as extra. If you use the extra shots you can cancel enemy bullets, but be careful, you only have a limited amount of this shit (sic). If you get the rhythm right you´ll be able to constantly protect yourself and get to the last boss easily without losing a single life."

Congrats on your german, it was generally right :wink:
TLB

Post by TLB »

Haha, thanks =)

(Too kind, too kind xD)
TripleA

Post by TripleA »

boah sry for ma bad english but have never seen this trick in a star soldiers run but i have only seen 2 runs from stage 1 or so but much life lost xD i mean the game is not hard at all the bosses are easy to learn with that trick is it much more easy ^^ But the trick needs a good finger with the right rythm. But for the Bosses is an other Ship much greater. The last ship with the Laser or the First dont know it. But this laser is really crazy if you hit the Bosses right! ^^ You can make ca. 70% Damage at the beginning of the Third Phase of the last Boss in less then 4sec. Thats crazy but needs a lil bit timing but not really special the rest is easy a lil bit coordination and laser :D The Levels are sometime difficult the last Level is really hard i will work on a Movie for it i like this Game really much :D But Strikers 1945 Plus at first ^^ 1-8 im coming hrhrhr
TripleA

Post by TripleA »

K now new Tricks :D I wanne see my Scores defeated ;) Its so Boring on the Top alone :(

The next weeks i will record my 2,1 Million (2 Minutes) run with the Quantum and my 3,8 Million run in the 5 Minutes Mode with the Quantum. Watch at first this! You will see how to get this high Scores. An Tip for the 5 Minutes Mode. If the Rotating Blue Head is coming they come this 4 Balls you shoot it and they will be white and destroy you if you hit them with your ship. Use the Quantum Special shot to earn points sooo fast ;)

In Normal Mode you can make in my Eyes more then 70 Million Points i think the 100 Million mark is possible :P

If you wanne Unlock the Quantum you must fight against the yellow Boss. If he shape to a Ship you must survive to the end and the Ship will go. You earn not much Points but you earn the Quantum. I will test it with the other Bosses too. Some of them are Ships too maybe you can unlock them too :P maybe ^^