RQ: Mushihimesama HD, what the hell is that Arrange mode ?!?

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Hydeux

RQ: Mushihimesama HD, what the hell is that Arrange mode ?!?

Post by Hydeux »

I can't get the hang of it !
What do I have to do to properly play that new Arrange Mode ? There seems to be SkyRocketing doesn't it ? Or at least another trick to make your counter go up REALLY fast, but what ?

Thanks for your answers !

(And it's hard ! Where is now my beloved "auto bomb AND you keep your stock" ?!? :mrgreen:)
deexor

Re: RQ: Mushihimesama HD, what the hell is that Arrange mode ?!?

Post by deexor »

Basically, you'll want to hug the top of the screen, point-blank A-shotting everything. Enemies can't be killed while they're off screen or entering the screen, but shooting them increases the counter. S-Power seems to work best. You can get the counter well over 800,000 on stage 1 with some practice...

Sinmoon's replay shows this and more - make sure you enable the input display window.
GAME OVER
Hydeux

Post by Hydeux »

Thanks.
But from what you say, it plays exactly like Arrange PS2, and from what I've seen (look at stage 2 of the first player on the leaderboard), there seems to have something else, something like SkyRocketing (the counter litteraly explodes on the mid boss).
VixyNyan

Post by VixyNyan »

The trick is to shoot those flower type enemies while their shell is closed, you need to be very close, be at the right position and point-blanking them to gain high counter from it, without killing them in the process. o.o;

If done right, you can stay there and rack up the counter without them dying.
Rebecca Loveheart - Love & Snuggles~ <3
[ TrueAchievements | PSN Profile | Youtube | LiveStreaming ]
Giest118: SDOJ is great and the port will also be great.
moh: play games. they're fun.
Hydeux

Post by Hydeux »

Well, since you have 4 posts so far I guess you're new.
But actually this trick in level 2 has been known for years by now.

I've made a video of level 2 :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vir3lAPp7io
The vid comes from the leaderboard, from the very first player. Isn't he skyrocketing the bushes and the Mid-Boss ?
So my question is : what is that Arrange mode if it plays like Maniac mode ?

And, just to share some info :
- extends at 500 millions and 1 billion
- you begin stage 1 with 300k on your counter
- at the beginning of each stage your counter is divided by 2 ( Not sure of that...)
- music is new (quite good IMO)
- 300 millions per life remaining at the end
- real auto-bomb : you lose your stock if a bomb is used automatically (sigh...)

EDIT :
Just found this on Cave-STG :
EOJx9999 wrote:-Holding just A rather than A+C makes the counter go up 2x faster.
-There is a proximity effect like in Original MAX mode. Get close to enemies on the top of the screen to increase the counter faster.
-For increasing the counter S>W>M
-Unlike the PS2 arrange mode, you can counterbank and skyrocket enemies and midbosses, just like in Maniac/Ultra modes.
-If you rapidly tap the change shot button, only your lasers fire. This may be useful for counterbanking.
Got what I wanted : "Unlike the PS2 arrange mode, you can counterbank and skyrocket enemies and midbosses, just like in Maniac/Ultra modes."
But still : isn't it a bit disappointing for an Arrange ? The system is finally really close to Maniac mode, isn't it ?
Last edited by Hydeux on Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
deexor

Post by deexor »

Yes, x360 Arrange has banking / skyrocketing like Maniac and Ultra.

The counter at the beginning of a stage seems to be the counter you got at the previous boss fight. Boss fight counter increases are also proximity-based.
GAME OVER
Hydeux

Post by Hydeux »

deexor wrote:The counter at the beginning of a stage seems to be the counter you got at the previous boss fight. Boss fight counter increases are also proximity-based.
That's true indeed.
My first thought was that your end counter from level X was divided by (X+1) to begin the level (X+1), but I was wrong...