ST: Dragon Blaze (WIP)

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
wasilewski

Re: ST: Dragon Blaze (WIP)

Post by wasilewski »

Shepardus wrote:I don't have the images, but you can see all the coinheads in replays such as SYO's Quaid run and ACR's Sonia run. If you need I can also take some screenshots and circle which particular enemy is the one responsible for the coinhead.
Thank you, Shepardus!

Just a quick question - in order for me to trigger the coinheads, I have to hang around in the same area of the screen and they should come, right?

Many thanks!
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

wasilewski wrote:Just a quick question - in order for me to trigger the coinheads, I have to hang around in the same area of the screen and they should come, right?
Nah, that's how it works in Gunbird 2 (you have to be in a particular location at a specific time) but not in Dragon Blaze. In Dragon Blaze, the coinhead trigger is a particular enemy rather than a particular time/location. Destroying the enemy with dragonshot triggers the coinhead.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
wasilewski

Post by wasilewski »

Shepardus wrote:
wasilewski wrote:Just a quick question - in order for me to trigger the coinheads, I have to hang around in the same area of the screen and they should come, right?
Nah, that's how it works in Gunbird 2 (you have to be in a particular location at a specific time) but not in Dragon Blaze. In Dragon Blaze, the coinhead trigger is a particular enemy rather than a particular time/location. Destroying the enemy with dragonshot triggers the coinhead.
Shepardus, once again, thank you!