ST: Mushihimesama Basics, Modes & Scoring

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
sven666

Re: ST: Mushihimesama Basics, Modes & Scoring

Post by sven666 »

soo.. i have a really hard time keeping my chain on the popcorn enemies on maniac stage 3.. in the dvd he just seems to carry it but when i play whatever counter ive built up is completely decimated as soon as there are no big enemies on screen, i cant figure out any kind of tapping that sustains the chain? whats the trick?
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

I have tried to figure it out bit I don't get it. What should i configure for the power shot. I would like to hold a button with fast movement and add another one for the power shot and slow movement. (How) can I do this?
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

Sapz wrote: Full Auto is the C button - the game's original, hard-coded autofire button.
Rapid Shot simulates tapping the A button in short intervals (i.e. A button with an autofire setup) - the advantage of this is being able to hold C (Full Auto) and Rapid Shot for the 'powershot' in Mushi 1.0, which gives additional firepower amongst other things.
So I've tried using Full Auto (2/3) and Rapid Shot together which should be the Powershot, right? Is it right, that I keep the faster movement while doing that? Does this mean, that the highest damage output can only be achieved while moving fast? At the moment I can only slow down while holding down the shot button.

Because of this I have to play with 3 fire buttons if I dont want to tap rapidly myself?
pulsemod

ST: Mushihimesama Basics, Modes & Scoring

Post by pulsemod »

yeah. since the powershot bug is an exploit (and you don't need it just to clear or enjoy the game, I know I totally forgot about it at a point) they added the rapid shot as a new bindable button for home ports. the arcade layout is shot on button A, bomb on B, and full auto on C. since the rapid fire acts as a rapid version of shot, there's no way of using it together with the regular shot button.
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

Thanks to clarify this.
Possibly you dont need it but there are not so few moments where you want to kill something as fast as possible, even if its just a few frames.

I dont get the (kinda old posts) where everyone calls this game easy, by the way ^^
pulsemod

Post by pulsemod »

it's one of the few arcade clears I have, it's not exactly easy but I'd have to agree it's definitely easier than the majority of arcade shooters which are out of my league entirely.
Nahar

Post by Nahar »

I can't for the love of god configure Supershot on Steam. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I keep following Kiwi's guide to set it up, but whatever I do it doesn't seems to work.

Anybody here plays using supershot on Steam and cares to explain? I set it up to 6hz autofire (5 at Trigger Time, 2 at Interval) but I seem to do the same amount of damage.

Thanks!
Starfighter

Post by Starfighter »

I have the same trouble as Nahar. I copied the settings Mark showed in his Electric Underground-video but I don't think I'm doing it right.
samspot

Post by samspot »

For Super Shot, I followed this guide: https://youtu.be/ORR5SJ4Gag0?t=133. Per that video the setting differs by shot type. For the S shot you set both to Trigger time 3, Interval 2. Even with that set, it doesn't always work for me and I have to let go of the two buttons and press them again sometimes. I have mostly been using the shot button instead since its more reliable and good for slow dodges. But I suppose its less dps than the super shot.
Nahar

Post by Nahar »

I'm not playing Mushihimesama right now, but I want to try again a Maniac run in the future. I'll check that video. Thanks!
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

After 1cc'ing 1.0 and 1.5 on Original, I made this comparison video of both version because I would really liked to have something like that before, cause it wasnt all that clear whats really the difference of both games in detail. Here it is if you guys are interested:

https://youtu.be/BzFgkUSJT5E
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

Oh well, Iam still trying to get 1.0 maniac done but I really struggle with it. In the jp difficulty ranking its listed not too much above original but Iam not that sure about it.

Ive read some old posts about the game and the quote "I found maniac to be even easier than original" is quite common. I found it in 1cc vids as well but I think, its absolutely wrong. This feeling in my opinion comes mainly from better players (than I am for instance) who normally can clear higher ranked Cave games in shorter time and are with original confronted with a different approach and their adaptation needs about the same time as using their normal cave skills on the more typical maniac mode.

I feel that you really have to very fast micro dodge around and within the bullet spread. I feel that you can not "just" have good routs and avoid many risks, it seems like the level design forces you often times to fly though some dense patterns without the possibility of "safe steps" like you nearly everytime can do in lets say Raiden IV wich is ranked higher in the jp list.

The 1cc vids Ive found had no real answer to this. They do some awesome flying circles around the bullets (I cannot do jet) but they often do some risky, not well controllable stuff because they have to keep the recources for the last stage, which means, that its much more about at least a bit of luck to clear it. A simple example are the mantis guys in the fiths stage. The second attack from them looks everytime very random. Sure, the holes are not really small but they come quite fast and there are a lot of them. There are at the moment too many situations I want to use a bomb. I dont even get through this stage with 3 lives in stock.

I would like to spend more time with the game because I like the art and the mood but I have encountered some kind of wall were I have to learn to not get hit in non aimed patterns :?
locoBro1196

Post by locoBro1196 »

Angry Hina wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:12 pm After 1cc'ing 1.0 and 1.5 on Original, I made this comparison video of both version because I would really liked to have something like that before, cause it wasnt all that clear whats really the difference of both games in detail. Here it is if you guys are interested:

https://youtu.be/BzFgkUSJT5E
This is a nice video you put up here :)

I find both versions tons of fun and they are up there in my all-time favorite shmup list. However, to me they are very very different from each other, I always found 1.5 much more approachable and a much easier 1CC overall. To the extent that I got the 1CC in 1.5 quite much faster than in 1.0, but I never felt completely satisfied until I 1CC'ed the latter. The difference in difficulty is more obvious in stage 3 in particular, where the bullets speed is slower in 1.5 and overall there's much more slowdown. I can easily handle that stage in 1.5 but in 1.0 I still struggle to not drop lives.

Aesthetically speaking 1.5 is much prettier though...
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

Thanks ^^ But if you try to beat 1.5 original with S power, its harder if you dont do a bit more melee combat.