GD: Mushihime

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
incognoscente

Post by incognoscente »

maco wrote:Just looked on http://sinmoon.sakura.ne.jp/diary.html and he says to find the frequency use the following:

a = (n+1)2
f = 60/a

That’s probably more likely to be right than mine.
I borrowed a metronome to time this tonight. That is accurate for the C+ autofire, but A+ is double that. Or, put another way:
A+: f = 60 / (n+1)
C+: f = 60 / [(n+1)*2] {from http://sinmoon.sakura.ne.jp/diary.html}, which can also be expressed as
C+: f = 30 / (n+1)
in another post, maco wrote:2 On and (n*2)-2 Off.
It appears is A+ is 1 on, n off.
C+ is 2 on, 2*n off.

needless table:

Code: Select all

Mushihimesama PS2 port Rapid Fire
setting          Shot (A+), in Hz           Full-Auto (C+), in Hz
1                30                         15
2                20                         10
3                15                         7.5
4                12                         6
5                10                         5
6                8.57                       4.286
7                7.5                        3.75
8                6.66                       3.33
9                6                          3
10               5.45                       2.727
11               5                          2.5
12               4.615                      2.307
13               4.286                      2.14
14               4                          2
15               3.75                       1.875
16               3.53                       1.765
17               3.33                       1.66
18               3.158                      1.579
19               3                          1.5
20               2.86                       1.429
BER

Post by BER »

I couldn't figure out the strange behavior of my Formation options in the PS2 port. Usually, I would hold down the A+ and C buttons. When I want to place my options in front of me, I would also hold down the A button for a little bit and release it when the options are set in front of me. But then the options would slowly spread out again. I would have to tap the A button occasionally to keep the options concentrated in front of me.

By the way, I'm using setting 2 for the A+ button in the PS2 port.

Is there a way to keep the Formation options in front of me by holding down just the A+ and C buttons? I tend to forget about pressing the A button to keep my options in check.
Bernard A. DORIA (retired)
Jedah Doma

Post by Jedah Doma »

Man, this hole keeps getting deeper and deeper. It seems that everytime I wrap my brain around how the game works, a new discovery is made. Oh well, I'm just gald we have some people who speak English who know what they are doing because I can't read a scrap of Japanese. Thanks for the starts guys. Keep up the good work guys.

Great people I've had deals with:
superhitachi4, KyleRXZero, Canadianzombie, Wanderer, and Strider77.
kawaijb

Post by kawaijb »

incognoscente's table is confirmed by sinmoon
BER

Post by BER »

According to DOAONLINE, the February 2006 issue of Arcadia has new records for Mushihime:
  • Maniac mode with rapid fire: 2,693,609,794
  • Ultra mode with rapid fire: 1,327,955,033
Prior to this issue, the records were the following:
  • Maniac mode with rapid fire: 1,204,857,665
  • Ultra mode with rapid fire: 942,157,712
Can anyone please explain the sudden jump in these scores?
Valgar

Post by Valgar »

Will these record be in the new DVD? Otherwise..the DVD is trouble.
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
COWBOY-RJJ
BER

Post by BER »

Valgar wrote:Will these record be in the new DVD? Otherwise..the DVD is trouble.
I don't think so. From what I've learned from the DVD's web site, the DVD will not have record-scoring replays of Maniac mode with rapid fire and Ultra mode with rapid fire. (It will feature a replay of Maniac mode without rapid fire and one of Ultra mode whose only goal is to clear the game without dying.)
Valgar

Post by Valgar »

Thanks BER. I heard SYO is the player who got Maniac mode with rapid fire: 2,693,609,794?
COWBOY-RJJ
maco

Post by maco »

If it’s SYO it seems strange he wouldn’t have been asked to do the Insanity DVD Maniac replay. Unless he started playing the game to such a high standard after the Mushihime DVD was already recorded.

If I were to take a guess at who the player is, I’d have to say SWY.

That is a huge score increase though, I’d love to know how it has been achieved.
LUNardei

Post by LUNardei »

Where the hell do they put all these points out of the game?
Where? How?

What a deep game. The dvd will show us some wonders (a billion without rapid ON? :shock: ), but a Maniac run with rapid on is now necessary.
oxtsu

Post by oxtsu »

Valgar wrote:Thanks BER. I heard SYO is the player who got Maniac mode with rapid fire: 2,693,609,794?
Just got the latest Arcadia issue today: It's not SYO (he is working on UPL's Black Heart). The player is 'Haitenai juryokukami-san' (??). The Ultra w/rapid score is from DAME K.K. madasaki ha, nagai (Shikigami no Shiro II:he is a world record holder for one of the characters, IIRC).

ps. Arcadia has cut pages from the hi-score section. The initial two pager 'billboard' is gone. :(
Valgar

Post by Valgar »

Ah sorry I am mental, and have been playing Ketsui too much. Of course not SYO, I meant SWY, but that is wrong too. Thanks oxtsu.

That is sad about the cut pages...almost as bad as no more posters.
COWBOY-RJJ
Anarchos

Post by Anarchos »

Simple question: If I don't wish to hack the game by doing something I believe was unintented, should I listen at all to the discussions you are having? Because they confuse me very much since what I do is basically shot, bomb, and try to chain occasionally.

But as I understand it, there is still something I can do even if I don't change the settings as most of you do, right? Because I have no idea how someone can get a score of 900 millions the way I'm playing, even if I chain everything in the game.
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

^^^^^

So was the rapid fire shot+C trick intended or not? Anyone ever read any confirmation on this?
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

Holy bump!

Well, i have a question for all of you Ultra players, i have been thinking of starting my ass to work on Mushi Ultra since i didn't play anything difficult for a long time, there's something weird happening on the PS2 port, whenever you choose no-miss or default as a rank in practice mode for stage 5 boss ultra. TLB already spams whole screens with useless bullets (like making the game actually impossible)! WTF, can anyone explain it to me since it doesn't happen on super-plays
Zenodyne R - My 2nd Steam Shmup
freddiebamboo

Post by freddiebamboo »

Kaiser wrote:Holy bump!

Well, i have a question for all of you Ultra players, i have been thinking of starting my ass to work on Mushi Ultra since i didn't play anything difficult for a long time, there's something weird happening on the PS2 port, whenever you choose no-miss or default as a rank in practice mode for stage 5 boss ultra. TLB already spams whole screens with useless bullets (like making the game actually impossible)! WTF, can anyone explain it to me since it doesn't happen on super-plays
I've got no experience on Ultra, but that sounds odd. In original and maniac the default and no miss rank are both far less severe (maniac not as much) than if you were actually playing through normally. The best advice I can give is to record a rank setting on the save spots to the TLB and practice that.
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

freddiebamboo wrote:
Kaiser wrote:Holy bump!

I've got no experience on Ultra, but that sounds odd. In original and maniac the default and no miss rank are both far less severe (maniac not as much) than if you were actually playing through normally. The best advice I can give is to record a rank setting on the save spots to the TLB and practice that.
And how you can record a rank setting? never tried
Zenodyne R - My 2nd Steam Shmup
freddiebamboo

Post by freddiebamboo »

I've not got my PS2 set up right now so my memory is fuzzy here, but if you go to the option of selecting default or no miss rank, you have an extra option which is like "Rank One" or something similar. Select that and you play from stage 1 and it records your rank setting for every stage you pass. After that you can replay the stages you made it to on that rank, by choosing the save file you made on the run.