RQ: Cardinal Sins Greed/Gluttony/Wrath

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Chaos Phoenixma

RQ: Cardinal Sins Greed/Gluttony/Wrath

Post by Chaos Phoenixma »

How exactly do you get S-Ranks on each of these levels?

For Greed, I need a list of the scans so I know what needs to be done. The best I've managed is 93.x or 96.x% for A rank, but I don't exactly know what I'm actually doing on the level.

As for Gluttony, I know it's about number of items, but I don't know how to actually play the level as I don't think I'm even getting close to the required.

As for no misses against Magnificence/Transcendence in Wrath, what's the best way to do this?
SFKhoa

Re: RQ: Cardinal Sins Greed/Gluttony/Wrath

Post by SFKhoa »

Greed: I have a video that gets every scan except for ONE. It's annotated so you know what each scan is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11Jel6C14TI

Gluttony: as each enemy formation comes by, let them fire as much bullets as possible before shooting down the cancelling item.
As for the formation with the bunch of missiles, shoot them down as much as possible (to generate all the medals), then destroy the item to absorb them.

Wrath: It's the hardest one to get an S with. Basically, as you survive longer, rank will skyrocket. You have to "destroy" the mirror shield as much as possible to lower rank.
Chaos Phoenixma

Post by Chaos Phoenixma »

Does the 106% Scan give more points for the rank than the 100% one?

I seem to only max out at 100% while following the strat, and that's picking up the 2 secrets. Still, the chance of S rank is nice. And I'll have to check out the full run to see how to properly do the third stage.
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

No, S rank remains a constant 10mil no matter how well you do, though you should try to go for 106% as it's one of the achievements in the game.