RQ: Radirgy DC - General Strategy or Detailed Guide

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
d-el.ay

RQ: Radirgy DC - General Strategy or Detailed Guide

Post by d-el.ay »

I've had a look through the strategy section and cannot find much on Radirgy Strategy?

I have a copy of the NIH booklet The Illegal Function: Radirgy and whilst it looks like it has a lot of useful info in it I don't know the first thing about Japanese (a real shame).

Anyone point me in the direction of either a translated version of the NIH guide (I know, wishful thinking), a good general/detailed strategy guide, offer some advice or if they feel really helpful create a general strategy guide. Particular areas to cover:

1) The selectable options at the menu of which some are text based and I'm not sure what they do.
2) Craft/Weapon type pro's and cons
3) Levelling up Main Weapon / Sword / Smart bomb
4) What do the pick-up items do (assume just points?)
5) Hints & Tips to prevent unnecessary death
6) Maximising your score

I've watched a couple of superplays and most players seem to use the 'laser' weapon which I had been using as it looked the better of the weapons is this the best way to go?

I know there are a few versions of the game on different machines. I'm currently playing the Dreamcast version and haven't tried any of the others yet but would assume that they play pretty similar.

If there isn't a guide and people post lots of little snippets in the thread then I will try and collate them into a coherent form for easy future reference.

Thanks for any help :D

EDIT: also if anyone has any decent artwork of the ships they can make available (google fu has let me down) it would be appreciated too :wink:
BulletMagnet

Re: RQ: Radirgy DC - General Strategy or Detailed Guide

Post by BulletMagnet »

Have you checked the topics here and here? There's at least a decent amount of info in those...
d-el.ay

Re: RQ: Radirgy DC - General Strategy or Detailed Guide

Post by d-el.ay »

Thanks bullet magnet hadn't thought to check under different translations of the name :oops:

Will go through the posts and see what useful info I can extract :D

Cheers