RQ: Fast Striker Mechanics

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
mjclark
Banned User

RQ: Fast Striker Mechanics

Post by mjclark »

There's soooo many things about Fast Striker:

1. That bar next to the extends and above the shield icons- how do you fill it up in Novice mode and what happens when you do?
2. What happens in Maniac mode when that same bar is filled by collecting dropped items?
3. Why in Original mode instead of a bar does the word "ACTERR" appear?
4. What do those white owls do that appear when you hit a secret?
5. Where and what are the secrets?
6. What are the requirements to get the Tech Bonus?
7. What are the requirements for extra credits (is it just play time a la Under defeat)?
8. So what's this Devilsplosion then?
9. Blah blah blah

Really looking forward to a Fast Striker ST appearing on this forum soon :D
SkylineR32

Re: RQ: Fast Striker Mechanics

Post by SkylineR32 »

I'm really surprised at the lack of Fast Strikers discussion on the shmup forums :(
Touch Me, I'm Sick

Still Silvergunning after 12 years!
doctorx0079

Post by doctorx0079 »

mjclark wrote:There's soooo many things about Fast Striker:

1. That bar next to the extends and above the shield icons- how do you fill it up in Novice mode and what happens when you do?
2. What happens in Maniac mode when that same bar is filled by collecting dropped items?
3. Why in Original mode instead of a bar does the word "ACTERR" appear?
4. What do those white owls do that appear when you hit a secret?
5. Where and what are the secrets?
6. What are the requirements to get the Tech Bonus?
7. What are the requirements for extra credits (is it just play time a la Under defeat)?
8. So what's this Devilsplosion then?
9. Blah blah blah

Really looking forward to a Fast Striker ST appearing on this forum soon :D
From the other Fast Striker thread:
1. You can't fill it up. It's not supposed to be there. Basically it's a graphical glitch.
2. don't know
3. Another glitch. It's some program code like "Action Error" and it's not supposed to be there.
4. They increase your chain counter a lot.
5. So far NG.DEV ain't talking. I managed to find most of them. I suppose we could make screen shots or something.
6. Destroy all the side pieces of the boss before destroying the main boss.
7. Just play time.
8. On some bosses you can find a secret. Beat the boss while the secret is active and you get a Devilsplosion. This makes every bullet turn into an icon and your chain counter goes way up.

I have some questions:

1. What happens when you have a secret active and then you get another secret? I've done this but I'm not sure what happens.
2. What is the "Joker" thing? How and where do I get it? I occasionally get the Joker but I'm not sure how I did it.
3. How high does rank go in each of the modes? How do you increase or decrease rank? I think you get more points the higher the rank is.
4. What is that small counter that sometimes appears under the chain counter?
SWY: Games are just for fun
ptoing

Post by ptoing »

I think for the "secret jokers" you need specific requirements.

I can only speak for Original mode, dunno how it is on the others, if any different.

Level 1: I have no clue what triggers the one in level 1, but I get him all the time, so I guess it is quite easy.

Level 2: I am fairly sure you have to destroy all the destructable bits on those rotating circles, and then you get a secret joker at the last one which comes flying in from the side.

Level 4: The extra life secret joker, I think he appears if you destroy all those 4 (or is it 5?) bigger ships which come in close succession on the sides of the screen, but not entirely sure. I think you can not die while doing so either.