RQ: Help getting Gundemonium Recollection on PSN Play Orders

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
twyce

RQ: Help getting Gundemonium Recollection on PSN Play Orders

Post by twyce »

Hello, new to the forum. I've read the main Gundemonium Recollection thread many times, and even have it bookmarked for while I'm playing. I'm having a hard time getting some of the Play Orders and the thread does not really go into detail as to how to get them. It just lists the description for them. I haven't had any luck finding help on Google. I'm hoping I can get help here. Here are the ones I'm having a hard time getting:

MAGELLANIC - I thought I had this one but I guess not. I was playing on Novice and just let myself die on Elixirel and then just kept replaying her level until I made it through with all my hearts. I did that but I still didn't get it. Because I was resetting, I did not get the "true ending". Also, being on Novice, I was hit but the Counter Bombs saved me so I never lost a heart. Not sure exactly what to do.

DUMBBELL - I know that I have to be in at least Revised but going into Demonic Shift costs me one heart and I'm not good enough to get away with surviving long with only one heart. It would be easier if I could get extra lives other than the "SOMBRERO 4" that are out there. It seems like getting a MIMOSA will gain me an extra life but I'm not sure how to get them and that leads into my next one.

MIMOSA - I get these all the time but I don't know what I'm doing to get them. Sometimes it seems like it happens after I use a Counter Bomb but not always so I'm not sure what the cause is. If they do get me an extra heart, I feel like these will be the way to make sure I can get the 10 Demonic Shifts needed for DUMBBELL.

ROSETTE - Do I really need to beat the game with all 64 Earl types? I know they all have different names, and it doesn't take long on Novice, but that's a lot of plays.

HORESEHEAD - I've gotten into the low 90s so I guess I just need to work harder. I tend to use Earl 222 (Twin Drill, Derringer, Overdrive) but is that the best? Twin Drill kills nicely, and Derringer is good to run through bosses and get to the extra enemies at the end, but I only use Overdrive because the other bombs heal Elixirel. I should probably switch to an attacking bomb just to get this but I don't know what's the recommended setup.

RIGEL & PROCYON - I don't seem to have access to Matrix Orders and don't know what Ain Soph Aur is. I still have a few Play Orders to get (obviously) and have not cleared the Demonic Challenges. Do I need to do that first or is there a different way to unlock these?

Those are really the only ones. I still haven't beaten the game on Unlimited or Demonic. I think I'll eventually get Unlimited but I don't know about Demonic. I also need BETELGEUSE but I know what to do. I just haven't made it that far in one play yet. I've gotten PLEIADES a few times on Novice though so I'm not too worried about this. Then I need PRAESEPE but 15,000,000 points will probably happen once I can clear Revised in one play.

Anyway, I hope I can get some help here. I'm loving this game even if it is really hard. Any tips on clearing the above will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Goshi

Re: RQ: Help getting Gundemonium Recollection on PSN Play Orders

Post by Goshi »

I thought I had this one but I guess not. I was playing on Novice and just let myself die on Elixirel and then just kept replaying her level until I made it through with all my hearts. I did that but I still didn't get it. Because I was resetting, I did not get the "true ending". Also, being on Novice, I was hit but the Counter Bombs saved me so I never lost a heart. Not sure exactly what to do.
You can't get it if you counter bomb. You have to defeat Elixirel without getting hit at all. Counter bombs count as being hit.
I don't seem to have access to Matrix Orders and don't know what Ain Soph Aur is. I still have a few Play Orders to get (obviously) and have not cleared the Demonic Challenges. Do I need to do that first or is there a different way to unlock these?
From my thread:
To unlock the Matrix Orders you need to reach Elixirel Kaether in Demonic Challenge. This is done by just clearing a number of the challenges. The following are compulsory to beat in order to reach her.

- One of Chantal's forms (Not sure on this one but its possible. Chantal is easy anyway)
- Luminere or Etoile Filante
- Any of Phaser's forms
- Any of Eresh Ki Gal's forms
- A number of Elixirel's other forms
I'm still unsure on Ain Soph Aur but I'm pretty sure you need to complete all the Matrix Orders.
I get these all the time but I don't know what I'm doing to get them. Sometimes it seems like it happens after I use a Counter Bomb but not always so I'm not sure what the cause is. If they do get me an extra heart, I feel like these will be the way to make sure I can get the 10 Demonic Shifts needed for DUMBBELL.
Its a glitch in the PSN version. Mimosa isn't recorded correctly so its possible to get it multiple times instead of only once. I'm still unsure on how you actually acquire it since the description is so vague =|
twyce

Re: RQ: Help getting Gundemonium Recollection on PSN Play Orders

Post by twyce »

Thanks! I very much appreciate the help. I'll work on the MAGELLANIC one. On Novice I should be able to avoid getting hit long enough to make it to her. I was getting a bit lazy but I think I can deal with that one. That sucks about MIMOSA, though.

Do you have any tips on getting DUMBBELL? Like I said, using Demonic Shift takes away a heart so I don't see how to use it 10 times. Since there are 4 other hearts in the game, and I can start with a max of 5, that only gives me 8 hearts to work with, assuming MIMOSAs don't exist. I'm sure there's something I'm missing but I just don't see how to possibly get that one.

I'll keep working on the Demonic Challenges. They started to really kick my ass. If I got my normal set of lives I'd be able to clear most of them pretty easily. I get a lot of the enemies down to almost nothing but avoiding all hits is pretty brutal. Hopefully I can get it taken care of.

Oh, I'll also read that other thread again but do you have any suggestions on which character to use? I basically just use Twin Drill/Derringer/Rozenkreutz Earl. She works well but I don't know if there is a better character or combination. The fact that Elixirel seems to regain health if I use a bomb obviously makes the last part more difficult.