GD: Radilgy

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Deca

GD: Radilgy

Post by Deca »

I'll be honest, I never liked this game. I remember being very excited about it when it was coming out and being very disappointed once I got my hands on it. The challenge didn't seem to be there with all the destructible bullets, scoring seemed somewhat sloppy and aimless, I just didn't really know what I should be doing in the game and couldn't get interested in it.

After a brief break I've been getting back into playing shooters regularly, and my friend picked up Milestone Shooting Collection. I decided to give Radilgy another try. Something clicked this time and I'm kind of hooked on it. I have yet to pass the third boss but my scores keep improving. Still I don't feel completely comfortable, however, and I was hoping I could get some insight for general gameplay and score attack.

So far I've figured out that the shield is very important for raising the multiplier, primarily on the cargo ships. Also I've noticed the longer I keep point items on screen with my sword the more often they tend to level up into better items, though I don't fully understand how this works.

The biggest grey areas for me are how to best utilize the bomb (should I be absorbing bullets in the field or avoiding them and letting them be all collected at once at the end of the bomb), when I should be shooting rather than using my sword, and how best to approach bosses (I know I'm supposed to destroy the antenna first, but beyond that I don't really know what to do beyond just shooting them until they die).

Any help would be appreciated. I've pretty much only been playing this and DeathSmiles recently, though it's probably only a matter of time before I go back to working on my Batrider Advanced OCC.
1CC List To miss is human; to rank control, divine.
“Fly to live and shoot ‘em all!” – Manabu Namiki