RQ: Sayo 1 or 2? (shiki 2)

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
TVG

RQ: Sayo 1 or 2? (shiki 2)

Post by TVG »

does anyone know if one is prefferable? which does SWY or other good sayo players use?

i use sayo 1, the range of her shiki attack takes out more ennemies and makes stuff easier.
there's one big problem tho, a lot of shit gets past her shiki, resulting in a lot of unexpected deaths.
sayo 2 doesnt have this problem since heer shiki is tighter, but the range is hella small, i think she isnt a good choice for the latter stages :/

how do you milk the 2-2 and 4-2 bosses? i guess 2-2 milking is impossible since she would have to get unbelievably close, correct me if im wrong. and there isnt a single spot on 4-2 wheree milking seemed good.

lastly, people, stop playing with kuga, he sucks, other chars make the game so much better, youll be telling yourself "wow, there's an actual level design!!" and with practice, i can see how you can get good scores, at lest with sayo and kim 2, ok, putting the stuff i figured out into practice will take hella long time, and i can hrdly get past stage 3 if i try my scoring tricks, but im having much more fun with sayo than with boring kuga, and i mean playing for score.
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

SWY uses Sayo 1. He also sometimes lets the small yellow bullets come inside the wider shiki attack so he can follow them and keep x8. This is tough because the shiki attack will destroy yellow bullets.

Milking on the 2-2 boss is possible with Sayo. You have to wait until the orbs that the boss throws (final form) are coming down at you. Trigger the shiki attack just as the orb nears you and it will be instantly destroyed. The startup of the Shiki attack is a very useful point blank weapon. Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to deal damage 360 degrees around Sayo at the instant of startup. If you watch SWY play, he is always starting and stopping with the shiki instead of just holding down A nonstop.

One of Sayo's boss fighting techniques is to point blank with her main shot for about one second, point blank with shiki start up only for an instant, back to the main shot for 1 sec . . . etc. It's scary how fast she can take off life with this tactic.
TVG

Post by TVG »

awesome info, thanks.

i tought the milking was done on the second form, more time being stuckt at 2-2, w00t.

i wonder if i should milk the first boss...results vary, sometimes i do a much better score just killing her as fast as possible, havent found a reliable way to do it properly, and every time i find one, next time i try it doesnt work.

the startup of her shiki doesnt go 360, but it spins pretty fast.

another Q, there really isnt a SINGLE penality in using bombs? now it makes me wonder, tecnically, if i play well, i should bomb BEFORE entering stage 4 to not waste any.