RQ: Question about Ketsui Death Label

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Vyxx
Banned User

RQ: Question about Ketsui Death Label

Post by Vyxx »

Been playing this game for a while now and getting much better at scoring, but I have a question. When I started playing for score I was told that there's 2 main things to remember... (other than the actual scoring mechanics):

1. Turn Auto Bomb off
2. Don't die :roll:

My question is, since I understand that both take a huge percent off your multiplier, which is still the preferred method of doing so?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that when I play a run through Death Label, it's not going to be flawless, and I'm going to get hit a few times. So, is it better to get hit and have auto bomb, but survive the stage, or to just die. Which kills my multiplier less?
guigui

Re: RQ: Question about Ketsui Death Label

Post by guigui »

Autobomb kills your multiplier less or equal than simply dying.

However, I was and remain a huge fan of "turn autobomb off", not because off multiplier drop but because of psychology.
If you die with bombs left, you wont like it, and next time, you WILL bomb. Since bombing actually earns points (the more correctly you bomb, the more points earned), bombing is actually a good idea, and may even lead you to that flawless run you dont even hope to do.

I remember my beginning playing with autobomb ON. After a certain time, Ketsui DL became a game where you actually had a life bar that got empty in two hits, and bombs did not exist. This is definitely not Ketsui, is it ? Turn autobomb OFF.
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
Vyxx
Banned User

Re: RQ: Question about Ketsui Death Label

Post by Vyxx »

Thanks for the feedback, I 'll stick with Autobomb Off. :wink: