RQ: rRootage - Psy Mode 6-C

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
alpha5099

RQ: rRootage - Psy Mode 6-C

Post by alpha5099 »

Am I the only one who has a problem with Stage 6-C in Psyvariar Mode? That level literally reduces me to tears, I hate it so much. And I need to beat it so badly, I just have to have all the modes cleared up to the 6th tier, and Psy Mode 6-C is all that stands in my way.

Just the first section, it's nigh impossible. It seems innocent enough, first one double layed spread shot. Then, a triple layering, three rows of overlaying shots in long horizontal arcs. That in and of itself is tricky. Then the boss launches huge barrage of curtain fire, intertwining plasma weaving back and forth. But to make my life hell, the boss also fires, at the exact same time, a series of lock on shots, 7 or 8 spreads of circular shots that release rectangular bits that home stright for your location. It can't be stopped, death is inevitable. The only way something like that seems survivable would be if I could get the shield up in time, but I can't even begin to scratch enough bullets in those few seconds to activate the shield.

I was so heartbroken, because through the grace of God I had managed to escape this initial carnage unscathed. I got to the fifth section with two lives, and somehow I managed to die three times and it was over, and I died a little inside.

Is there some strategy I'm missing on this guy? It can't just be sheer luck. Every fucking time, those first two waves of attacks completely obliterate me.

Note: I'm using the Mac version, which I can only assume has the same level designs as the PC version. If not, I suppose you can't help.
zimeon

Post by zimeon »

Sorry. I'm stuck on 6B, and 6A took me ages...
Enthusiasm without skill
sikraiken

Post by sikraiken »

I just downloaded the game, I had played it a couple of times before a long long time ago, but I believe only on normal mode. I tried 6-C Psy mode, and I'm quite unsure what you are having trouble with. Any way you could snag a snapshot (I'm sure macs have something like a "print screen" button, then the capability of pasting it into some paint/photoshop type program). and show me what you are having trouble(s) with?