RQ: Beating Einhander in hard mode in less than 2 continues

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
GrimoreLibrarian

RQ: Beating Einhander in hard mode in less than 2 continues

Post by GrimoreLibrarian »

So I really want to work on 100% Einhander in all the years I've owned it. Although, I have a very hard time 2cc it on hard mode. I noticed with the one ship that holds only one gun pod gets me the farthest with the least amounts of deaths. But, once I hit that stage 5 mid-boss my lives and continues get eaten away like tissue paper.

Can any tell the best approach from stage 5 and on?

I'm also a bit unsure about this forums policy on necro posting is so I'm trying to play it safe and left the GD topic alone.
Goshi

Re: RQ: Beating Einhander in hard mode in less than 2 continues

Post by Goshi »

Grenades can kill him pretty quickly on Normal, not sure if that's the same case on Hard. Its really hard to give a good strat on him since his attack pattern is completely random.
GrimoreLibrarian

Post by GrimoreLibrarian »

I tried the grenade route a few times, but he has a bit of a habit of vomiting bullets on me if I get too close to his face when I knock him down.
deadninja

Post by deadninja »

maybe i've been away for a while but wtf is a 2cc?
Moleculoman

Post by Moleculoman »

Ausf D Gestell is a tricky boss. I primarily play the JPN version, but the gunpod boxes are the same before the fight in either version I think. Since you're using the Endymion Mk. III (2x machine gun, 1xgunpod), here's what I'd do. Increase thruster speed to maximum. Grab the Hedgehog in one of the ammo boxes before the fight. What you'll want to do is disperse the Hedgehog flares so that they go off as Gestell lands on either side of the screen. Fire as many as you can then move. He will eventually move to the background and throw gunpod boxes with Wasp. Grab all the Wasps he throws and use the homing wasps to pummel his head while he's in the background. If he's still alive, grab the Riot he'll eventually throw at you and finish him off.

In case you're trying to unlock one of the secret fighters, the Astraea FGA Mk II (aka Unknown Fighter Type II), you only need to beat the game on Hard using NO MORE THAN 3 continues, in case you're going for that as well. Alot of the faqs/code sites have it listed wrong.
Glory with the Moon....