GD: Raiden IV

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Aquas

Re: GD: Raiden IV

Post by Aquas »

KOM1SCH wrote:
I am far from a expert level STG player, but I actually found Raiden IV to be a fairly simple 1cc on easy... did it in maybe 3 attempts?

Basically, only ever pick up homing missles and the red powerup. Anything else will handicap you.
Maybe I'm just not that good^^ it sounds amazing to clear easy in 3 attemps 1cc. I'm playing R4 Overkill on PS3. Maybe its harder, but I don't think so... I wish there was some english guide, that gave me some tips about boss/level strats. Seems like atm is nobody into Raiden IV...
Watch a top replay on the leaderboards, they will show you how to control your ship for most of the game, at least. Try to immitate their calm play. Not much else to say, you just gotta keep trying till you remember what to do sometimes too.
STG Weekly!, 1cc's, twitch, XBL: DJ Aquazition
The in-game papers prove that being the paperboy is actually a position of the greatest importance,
ranking alongside top elected officials for notoriety. -Ed Oscuro
KOM1SCH

Post by KOM1SCH »

I allready do :wink: I'm getting better, but my progress seems slow... Thank u guys 4 the tips, the time will come when I get my 1cc 8)
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

You can merge the streams of the ME-02's Proton Laser by doing the left-right motion (Varth, Psyvariar, XIIStag, etc) for a bit. This lasts until you stop and restart firing.

The guide for the arcade Sols and the Miclus are in the Secret File, and here's a guide for Xbox 360/Perfect/Additional mode.

The Raiden mkII is stronger with nearly every weapon over the Fighting Thunder ME-02, the exception being the Plasma Laser which functions the same for both ships. Of course, you have to get through two more power levels, and deal with a slower ship and a smaller (but stronger) bomb.

The Fairy is weaker than the ME-02 instead, but much faster, and has weird blue (Gradius options and standard laser) and purple (big slow bubbles) weapons.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
DietSoap

Post by DietSoap »

Curious on these two questions.
BareKnuckleRoo wrote: b) What missiles are generally recommended? Homing is obviously handy for popcorn, but the M variety seems pretty strong.

e) Does the 2P side move a bit faster like it used to in the older game?
Aquas

Post by Aquas »

RE:

1) M(issiles) when using Red Spreadshot, the damage pays off. R (purple homing missiles) kinda lacks damage and the homing capability seemed lackluster. H(oming) is usually essential when using Laser, but maybe not on all bosses where it's a good idea to use it.

2) No. Cosmetic only.
STG Weekly!, 1cc's, twitch, XBL: DJ Aquazition
The in-game papers prove that being the paperboy is actually a position of the greatest importance,
ranking alongside top elected officials for notoriety. -Ed Oscuro
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

Used purple issiles + laser and bombs for a very fast kiling of stage 5. With my strategy I guess its the fastest combination:
https://youtu.be/bpwKzRt1wBo