ST: Armed Police Batrider (21.7.14 - correct rank info)

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Plasmo

Re: ST: Armed Police Batrider (15.09.10 - airport2+3, tsumuji)

Post by Plasmo »

Nice find! Dling now. :D

EDIT:

Unbelieveable replay! Extraodinary dodging skills combined with milking tricks straight out of this world (first time I've seen complete Blunt and Grubby milking). The player has absolute control over the bosses and the whole game in every damn second of the game. This is by far the best Batrider replay I've ever seen (well, there aren't too many, but still).

I can finally get an idea of how 29mill is possible. Keep in mind, that the player only plays with Garegga ships. So many missed bosses.

Insane.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Stupid question: Do you need an account to view those pages? Im not getting a video, the buttons are greyed out and I can't read Japanese. :(
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Yep, you need an account. There're plenty of tutorials how to register on that site, Google is your friend.
I like chocolate milk

BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Cool, thanks. You reckon the video's worth it for someone still trying to 1cc Advanced? :D
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Definitely! It shows very advanced milking strategies, but also probably the most helpful tricks to kill the more difficult bosses the easiest way.
A must watch for all Batrider fans! :)
I like chocolate milk

Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Icarus wrote:Found a nice Batrider Advanced run on nicovideo, this time with a Garegga team. Final score is M,539,130, player is TTH.
Thanks for finding this Icarus!

Goddamn! If this superplay doesn't turn people into Raizing/Yagawa fans, then there is no hope. Why people choose IKD bullet hell over epic boss battles with precision dodging, exact option placements, and surgeon like dismemberments, is beyond me.

The highres video is nice. I almost thought this was a Mame run, but watching the video closely, you can see the de-sync at credit entry. Its a PCB capture. I did a little searching and found this. :wink:

Deca

Post by Deca »

Just watched it, took all day to download x.x

VERY impressive replay, keeps me motivated to work on Advance. I really need it too, progress has been pretty much nonexistent. Playing today has pretty much felt like smashing my head into a wall for hours.
1CC List To miss is human; to rank control, divine.
“Fly to live and shoot ‘em all!” – Manabu Namiki
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

I really need it too, progress has been pretty much nonexistent. Playing today has pretty much felt like smashing my head into a wall for hours.
That's how most of us feel on a regular basis. Please don't give up and be persistent!

The reward is worth the suffering.
I like chocolate milk

moozooh

Post by moozooh »

That replay contains tricks I've never even dreamed of. Conflict got owned!
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Guys, I hate to be a pain by asking, but I dont suppose anyone could upload this video to somewhere that provides better than 40kbps speeds? I can't ever stay on a computer for longer than 5 hours and the Japanese website is just being impossible for me with its rate. :cry:
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Just try restarting the download at another time. My first attempt gave a speed of ~8 KB/s, which was impossible to wait through. I tried again a few hours later, and it gave me the acceptable >100 KB/s then.
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Thanks for the suggestion moozooh, I did just that while at Uni and managed to download it within about 6 hours. And I spent the remaining time at Uni watching this video when it finished.

The whole time I was watching it, I was like

what.

What.

WHAT.

WHAT!

This bloke counts through half of the Yagawa Alphabet!
I'll certainly be uploading a mirror to YouTube if my home internet can handle it. I didn't know half of the stuff that that guy does was possible, and Kaiser will certainly be spitting chips about how the guy dealt with Grubby. Amazing video indeed.
jepjepjep

Post by jepjepjep »

Dave_K. wrote:
Icarus wrote:Found a nice Batrider Advanced run on nicovideo, this time with a Garegga team. Final score is M,539,130, player is TTH.
Thanks for finding this Icarus!

Goddamn! If this superplay doesn't turn people into Raizing/Yagawa fans, then there is no hope. Why people choose IKD bullet hell over epic boss battles with precision dodging, exact option placements, and surgeon like dismemberments, is beyond me.

The highres video is nice. I almost thought this was a Mame run, but watching the video closely, you can see the de-sync at credit entry. Its a PCB capture. I did a little searching and found this. :wink:

That's some great detective work and makes the video even more impressive!
Last edited by jepjepjep on Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
captpain

Post by captpain »

Do you think it'd be OK for me to mirror the video (just for this forum)? It's a slow download for people outside of Japan.
papercrafter

Post by papercrafter »

I know this one's not been up long - but it's not getting a lot of love.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Krocketneo# ... wGRHm54PuU
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's a TAS. Krocketneo is a known TASer... He's submitted movies to TASVideos before. He's known to have a very... odd personality.

Look at the ship at 35:39 and onwards. A dead giveaway, besides the fact that he never changes his shot speed in a high-level scorerun.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

I only watched up to Black Heart and suspected tool assistance due solely to risky-looking movement at Boredom. Shame.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Obvious TAS is obvious.

What's even more suspicious than the weird dodges (the dodge patterns seem to be improvised and movement is off) is the lack of basic knowledge. Sometimes he simply ignores to get an easy extra 100k. Also: rank management is messed up completely.

His other replays are a joke too. :?
I like chocolate milk

Professor Jones

Post by Professor Jones »

Is there any info concerning the rank increase rate of each ship at the different power levels (like the info found in the battle garegga thread) ?

Edit :

Found the info here : http://www11.atwiki.jp/a_p_batrider/pages/19.html

The table at the bottom shows the rank increase for options, but I did not understand how leveling them up affects their rank increase effect. There's just one number, whereas in the table concerning shots it's clearly indicated. Does that mean that the rank increase rate is the same for all the options power levels ?

It's also indicated on the page that the small shot power up increases the rank by 100h and the big one increases it by 8000 h. So that means that unlike in BG powering up with the small ones increases the rank less than getting the big ones ?
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Professor Jones wrote:The table at the bottom shows the rank increase for options, but I did not understand how leveling them up affects their rank increase effect. There's just one number, whereas in the table concerning shots it's clearly indicated. Does that mean that the rank increase rate is the same for all the options power levels ?
Sounds about right. A few years ago, during the first STGT, I theorised that Shot was more detrimental to rank than Option, and my thoughts were validated by achieving an ALL with Strawman using a low Shot power strategy. These tables seem to confirm my thoughts, in that the Option rank values are constant regardless of level - all the Garegga ships drive rank up by 4 per Option bullet, while Shorty's seems to be +64 per Option missile fired, (?) to offset the power of the Options themselves. Knowing that, you can quite happily use charged Options, or Option max power to fly through the game, while keeping Shot as low as possible.
Professor Jones wrote:It's also indicated on the page that the small shot power up increases the rank by 100h and the big one increases it by 8000 h. So that means that unlike in BG powering up with the small ones increases the rank less than getting the big ones ?
That's correct. Considering Shot level influences rank increases, it's better to ignore all Shot powers altogether and concentrate on Option power instead.

Nice link, by the way. I'll have to sift through that for information at some point.
captpain

Post by captpain »

You really don't need much Shot power with Strawman anyway, which is nice.
BER

Re: ST: Armed Police Batrider (15.09.10 - airport2+3, tsumuj

Post by BER »

For the players' shot/power types table, the Garegga planes have their shot and power switched. The table should look like this:

Code: Select all

Character        Shot Type         Power Type

D.D              Wide              Vulcan
Shorty           Search            Napalm
Jyuji            Front             Beam

Maria            Wide              Beam
Golden           Front             Vulcan
Strawman         Search            Beam

Birthday         Front             Napalm
Tag-T            Search            Laser
Adam             Wide              Laser

Gain             Front             Laser
Chitta           Wide              Vulcan
Miyamoto         Wide              Napalm
Bornnam          Search            Vulcan
Car-Pet          Front             Napalm

Silver Sword     Garegga           Vulcan
Grasshopper      Garegga           Laser
Flying Baron     Garegga           Vulcan
Wild Snail       Garegga           Laser 
I was caught off guard when I didn't see Hayate-Maru (second ninja secret boss in the Highway stage) when I fielded a team of Tag-T, Miyamoto, and Wild Snail (i.e., two Laser power types).

. . .

I'm having a tough time with the Maria/Car-Pet/Flying Baron setup for beating the advanced course with all bosses, so I'm trying out Tag-T (B) / Miyamoto (C) / and Flying Baron (C) and keeping Tag-T alive for as long as possible.

Non-bump-worthy edit: Now using Tag-T (B) / Car-Pet (C) / and Flying Baron (C). Miyamoto has trouble destroying in Zenovia City the Mad Ball emplacements and green tanks that leave behind large bomb items in time. Also, I chose C type for both Car-Pet and Flying Baron, because Tag-T (B) has the slowest movement speed that I can tolerate, and the other two characters are faster even in their C types.
Last edited by BER on Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bernard A. DORIA (retired)
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Dave_K. wrote:Why people choose IKD bullet hell over epic boss battles with precision dodging, exact option placements, and surgeon like dismemberments, is beyond me.
Revision A? :?

This sounds very cool though, I'll have a look at it. If somebody feels so inclined, the video should be rippable using something like VideoCacheView.exe (on Firefox at least).
Aquas

Post by Aquas »

Got a little bit for the thread now as a prelude for a boss guide I'm putting together for the bosses up and including the 3 Rivals. I'll try to get some of the guide posted as it's completed.

How to get both special level ups in Sky High (Stage 2)
-Fully powerup like normal up to Confrict
-when Suicide to Baron (first suicide), pick up one of each big power.
-Pick up first Small Shot Item in Sky High
-Then get both specials before Big Blue Plane Rush (where plane squads surround you)
-Option first (at beginning of plane squads) then Small Shot immediately afterwards.
-If Option appears from first enemy in Sky High, pick up 2nd Option power up to get Special. Pick up small shot at usual place.

This method fails every now and then but I think only due to personal error. You need to pay attention a little bit to pick up the right ones (I guess you should count) but This method doesn't require counting the missed powerups, usually. But if you miss the small shot special, you CAN count them and grab the 4th within Sky High, still.
STG Weekly!, 1cc's, twitch, XBL: DJ Aquazition
The in-game papers prove that being the paperboy is actually a position of the greatest importance,
ranking alongside top elected officials for notoriety. -Ed Oscuro
Aquas

Post by Aquas »

For anyone looking for in-depth boss strats and breakdown before Icarus formats the guide for the thread, you can check it out here.

Edit: version 4 is out... it's COMPLETE! All bosses covered

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0zg68jgttd997 ... uidev4.doc
STG Weekly!, 1cc's, twitch, XBL: DJ Aquazition
The in-game papers prove that being the paperboy is actually a position of the greatest importance,
ranking alongside top elected officials for notoriety. -Ed Oscuro
Icarus

Re: ST: Armed Police Batrider (20.7.14 - all boss guides don

Post by Icarus »

Bumping to note that I've spent the better part of a couple of hours taking Aquas' awesome boss guide and folding it into the ST guide. The Batrider ST is looking a hell of a lot better now that it's got everything down.

My workflow was made a hell of a lot faster and smoother by using Alfred for Mac and a Markdown to BBCode workflow, which I've further modified to spit out BBCode based on the way I format the guide. Best thing is, now I've got the workflow outputting code the way I want it, I can use it to speed up guide writing work. Just what I needed.

Thanks a bunch Aquas! I owe you a beer!
And once again, thanks to everyone that's contributed to this guide. Didn't think it'd get this far when I started, but that's the beauty of the Raizing players community, we help each other out. ^_-

At some point when this guide is nearing completion, I may start to compile a PDF version of everything.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

There's still a bunch of things I need for the guide for it to approach COMPLETE status, feel free to help out with any of these if you have the time:
  • "Rank - A Hackers Guide" author
    This is a big one: I need someone with patience and time to go through everything we know about Batrider's rank system so far, and write up something similar to what BulletMagnet did for the Garegga ST. I feel that we know enough of the major variables to put together something usable for that particular section of the guide.
  • Secrets and targets screenshots
    Looking for screenshots for all of the major secret locations in the game - boss trigger targets, medal cache locations, etc. Use the examples in the Garegga ST as an idea of what is required:

It is to help new players locate these targets better, as at the moment, the guide is more text than imagery.
  • Scoring data tables
    We've got some good data to start with, but I have a feeling we're missing quite a lot of information with regards to point values for major and minor targets. Notably, we need to identify every value with their corresponding piercing, non-piercing and aura pointgain value for improved scoring data tables like this:

R=H & Target & Non-piercing & Piercing & Aura R=1 & Flame-throwers [x2] & 30,000pts each & 3,000 each & 30,000pts each R=2 & Yellow plasma cannons [x2] & 50,000pts each & 5,000pts each & ? R=3 & Backpack missile launchers [x2] & 50,000pts each & 5,000pts each & ? R=4 & Side laser turrets [x2] & 500pts each & 500pts each & 5,000pts each R=5 & Confrict kill & 100,000pts

The Character Viewer in the test menu displays all of this information, but there's a lot to sift through.
  • Boss targets maps
    To assist with the scoring data tables, I'm looking for target maps like this:

Transparent PNGs work best for these. Names should correspond to the names of targets in the scoring data tables.
  • Proodreading and addendums
    Any small mistakes and missing bits of information can be corrected on the fly. Feel free to post if you spot a mistake or an omission.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

I can probably take a look into the rank, it'll be nice to have something comprehensive for this game.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

trap15 wrote:I can probably take a look into the rank, it'll be nice to have something comprehensive for this game.
Thanks trap, I owe you one. ^_^
There's some information already dumped into the ST which might help you get started.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

So, it turns out most of that information is wrong.

Double-checked and re-verified several times, here are my notes, in a probably less readable format :lol: Most of this information was taken directly from the original program rather than trying to follow the influences of the actual rank value by staring at the value.
http://pastebin.com/cdGDm5ak (EDIT1: Updated)

Includes a bunch of helpful addresses and information on all timer/difficulty/course settings.

If there's any other rank information you'd like, I can probably get right on it. Best of luck re-working the STs! ;)
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.