GD: Mysteries of HELLSINKER and its scoring/secrets

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
RNGmaster

Re: GD/RQ: Mysteries of HELLSINKER and its scoring/secrets

Post by RNGmaster »

AliceMargatroid wrote:Thanks. I just hope that I won't die in segment 6 or get SH after segment 4. I would like to have SH after 6/7 but it's awfully hard.
Then I suggest taking LUNA for Stage 5 and killing Perpetual Calendar's true form to boost your terra. That and kill the enemies in Stage 3 LEAD for a nice terra boost.
AliceMargatroid

Post by AliceMargatroid »

I just found out that if I destroy one of Rusted Dragon's wings it will shoot lots of red suicide bullets. If I destroy them with my main shot i get ~40 terra which is quite a lot.
RNGmaster wrote:Then I suggest taking LUNA for Stage 5 and killing Perpetual Calendar's true form to boost your terra.
How do I get to Perpetual Calendar's true form without killing it? The last form I get is the one where it shoots lasers from its options. I
rush in, bomb once, fire my homing red stuff before my bomb ends and shoot my main shot for the last 10%.
RNGmaster wrote:That and kill the enemies in Stage 3 LEAD for a nice terra boost.
I use Stage 3 LEAD to relax. Just go to the bottom left cornor and dodge those blue attacks that will appear from time to time. The rockets will kill themselves :lol:
Subterranean Sun

Post by Subterranean Sun »

During the 5th form of Perpetual Calendar (Astrolabium) you have to kill all of its options but not the core. Then the options will respawn; kill them again to trigger the hidden form (Kareidoscope).

I wouldn't recommend doing this, though; Perpetual Calendar and the entire Segment 6 are the hardest parts in the game. You will need the bonus lives from Shrine of Farewell. Triggering Kareidoscope is mainly just useful to make SH appear after Segment 7, which you should not consider unless you are scoring.
CptRansom

Post by CptRansom »

I also recommend not dying if you want to delay the Shrine. I get it after segment 6 or 7 fairly consistently and I don't bother with the Rusted Dragon's wings (I speedkill that jackass), the Kareidoscope, or anything else. >.> Not dying also gives you the awesome Immortality bonus (80->120->160->200->etc.) which really cranks up your score over time (and if you have the bonus built up by the time you hit the TLB, you're going to get a HUGE point boost at the end of the game). If you're using Minogame, then not dying shouldn't be too much of an issue, honestly. Hold down main shot to charge your aura, hit subweapon level 2 while holding down main shot, release main shot and melee the shit out of things for points while enjoying temporary invincibility.

This is also incredible for racking up spirits in any part of the game where the enemies fire a ton of graze-able lasers. Tap-dodging is for suckers; just pop the circle and sit on top of all of them.
<trap15> I only pick high quality games
<trap15> I'm just pulling shit out of my ass tbh
JonnyM

Post by JonnyM »

Hoi^.^

I wounder about fossil maiden, i can only change the direktion of the fire to the right and upwards -.- if i press up or left nothing happens ^.^ Same goes for the energy sword, when its aktiv i can only move to the right and up :roll: Can someone help me???^^
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

JonnyM wrote:Hoi^.^

I wounder about fossil maiden, i can only change the direktion of the fire to the right and upwards -.- if i press up or left nothing happens ^.^ Same goes for the energy sword, when its aktiv i can only move to the right and up :roll: Can someone help me???^^
That's a fairly common problem, but it's nothing to do with HELLSINKER. I suggest you change your keyboard.
AliceMargatroid

I fought the final attraction multiple times and figured out how to get the satisfaction to Lv3. The third Last Boss took me some time to figure out too, but now I can deplete its health within the time limit. Where is the TLB? Can I only access it in a FSO or a short mission?

IF it is accesible in the Segment Select mode then what am I doing wrong?
Also if I want to unlock the Extras, do I have to meet the TLB or time it out, and am I required to do so in a FSO or would a Practice run be enough?
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

AliceMargatroid wrote:I fought the final attraction multiple times and figured out how to get the satisfaction to Lv3. The third Last Boss took me some time to figure out too, but now I can deplete its health within the time limit. Where is the TLB? Can I only access it in a FSO or a short mission?

Also if I want to unlock the Extras, do I have to meet the TLB or time it out, and am I required to do so in a FSO or would a Practice run be enough?
You can unlock it in Segment Select IF you've seen it in FSO. To unlock extras, time out the TLB, but that's actually easy since your blue aura deletes 90% of the bullets on contact.
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

DOUBLE POST
I just got this game working, but I can't find out what the default controls are on keyboard. For example, I really need to know where the slow movement button is.
Subterranean Sun

AliceMargatroid wrote:I fought the final attraction multiple times and figured out how to get the satisfaction to Lv3. The third Last Boss took me some time to figure out too, but now I can deplete its health within the time limit. Where is the TLB? Can I only access it in a FSO or a short mission?

If you can deplete its health then you are clearly doing something wrong - you can't deplete the health of LV3 Last Boss; it starts with an empty health bar which fills up when you shoots it. Once the health bar is completely filled, the colors on screen get reversed, and Lost Property 771 will appear once the time counter reaches 0. If you can deplete its health then you must been fighting the LV1 or LV2 Last Boss.

In order to unlock the extra stages you have to time out Lost Property 771 in FSO or (maybe) short mission.
RNGmaster wrote:You can unlock it in Segment Select IF you've seen it in FSO. To unlock extras, time out the TLB, but that's actually easy since your blue aura deletes 90% of the bullets on contact.
Actually, the TLB can be fought in segment selection as soon as you unlocks Segment 8. You are probably thinking of the TLB in Crimzon Clover.
RNGmaster wrote:DOUBLE POST
I just got this game working, but I can't find out what the default controls are on keyboard. For example, I really need to know where the slow movement button is.
Slow movement isn't mapped anywhere on keyboard. Use joy2key.
AliceMargatroid

Subterranean Sun wrote:If you can deplete its health then you are clearly doing something wrong - you can't deplete the health of LV3 Last Boss; it starts with an empty health bar which fills up when you shoots it.
I know that the health goes up. I KNOW how the Lvl3 Boss looks (Youtube helps?)
Subterranean Sun wrote:Actually, the TLB can be fought in segment selection as soon as you unlocks Segment 8.
No it can't.
Subterranean Sun

Huh?... Well, did you see the colors on screen get reversed, then?
If you are sure the colors got reversed AND still can't see the TLB... I think I got the same problem back then. Try keep shooting the boss for a while even after the colors got reversed, this worked for me. If THAT won't work, then I have absolutely no idea what else is wrong.
AliceMargatroid

Subterranean Sun wrote:Huh?... Well, did you see the colors on screen get reversed, then?
If you are sure the colors got reversed AND still can't see the TLB... I think I got the same problem back then. Try keep shooting the boss for a while even after the colors got reversed, this worked for me. If THAT won't work, then I have absolutely no idea what else is wrong.
When the "Health" Bar is full the colors don't get reversed. I think I just have to do it in a FSO, like RNGmaster said, first.
And I know that I am doing it right, because I did exactly what was done in a video, that showed how to get to Lost Property 771.
I am just a bit lazy doing FSOs now.
I will report if it worked or did not work.
AliceMargatroid

I got to the Lvl3 Boss in a FSO. I depleted its health with the lasers that come from the sides (If you shoot the white blocks the laser gets to the Boss and does a BIG amount of damage).
And guess what... NOTHING. The colors didn't even reverse or anything like that.
The only thing that happened was that I saw the "The End" thing and I unlocked a "Inspect Strategy Recorder".
This game HATES me.

Edit: Wait... I know shmups that have to be cleared until the very End to make the TLB accesible IN THE NEXT RUN. *facepalms*
I will try that in some time, but I still hope somebody knows another way (except giving me a savegame)

EDITEDIT: I was right. You have to do a FSO and defeat Last Boos (3) first and then do another FSO, defeat Last Boss (3) again and then the TLB appears. I think it might be useful to put this in the first post.
Now I will take on The Great Majority.

Even more EDIT: I cleared Extra 2 but the Game didn't give me the 4th Background. Do I need a certain amount of Voltage and/or watch the "Strategy Recordings"?
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

AliceMargatroid wrote:EDITEDIT: I was right. You have to do a FSO and defeat Last Boos (3) first and then do another FSO, defeat Last Boss (3) again and then the TLB appears. I think it might be useful to put this in the first post.
Not true, I beat Last Boss 3 and TLB on my first try getting that far. Can't think of anything that could cause what happened to you though.
AliceMargatroid wrote:Even more EDIT: I cleared Extra 2 but the Game didn't give me the 4th Background. Do I need a certain amount of Voltage and/or watch the "Strategy Recordings"?
You just need to view the strategy recordings, yeah.
RNGmaster wrote:I just got this game working, but I can't find out what the default controls are on keyboard. For example, I really need to know where the slow movement button is.
The buttons in the control config correspond to keyboard keys, so you can switch one of them to be slow movement. One of the default buttons just makes you go back to main menu if you hold it, and is pretty pointless since you can pause and quit.
AliceMargatroid

Zaarock wrote:Not true, I beat Last Boss 3 and TLB on my first try getting that far. Can't think of anything that could cause what happened to you though.
Interesting. This means that there is another requirement. Hellsinker is really weird.
CptRansom

Post by CptRansom »

I also got the TLB the very first time I fought the Lv3 final boss and filled up its health/damage bar before its timer ran out.
<trap15> I only pick high quality games
<trap15> I'm just pulling shit out of my ass tbh
Red Bucket

Post by Red Bucket »

I only had to face the level 3 boss once to get the TLB, and it wasn't even in FSO, it was short mission mode.
AliceMargatroid

So... Maybe you have to do enough damage in a certain time limit (Maybe before it stops using the lasers?). I won't play this game as much anymore so I probably won't investigate this any further.
duckman

Post by duckman »

How the hell do I damage those block-shaped enemies on stage 1?
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

duckman wrote:How the hell do I damage those block-shaped enemies on stage 1?
One of them turns red when shot. Just keep shooting it, and eventually the bullets will clear and you get a life chip.
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

DOUBLE POST
Hey guys, how do you activate yellow aura for Minogame and Deadliar?
Subterranean Sun

No such thing as yellow aura, at least not for Deadliar (never used Minogame). I suspect LtC was talking about a specific trick for Deadliar: throw out your option, then immediately hold down Subweapon to drag it to your position. When you are overlapped with your option, her attack range will be extended considerably, and her firepower will also increase. This only applies to LV2 subweapon - LV1 subweapon won't work. It looks like you are surrounded with a yellow aura Because Deadliar's LV2 option is yellow.
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

Thanks. Now, the problem is that uploaded replays desync when I try to play them and eventually quit after Stage 1. Not great when I'm trying to watch superplays.
knackerjack

Post by knackerjack »

Hello,

I'm making a wiki for Hellsinker. I think that if there is a central place to go for information about it, it may drive more people to play this awesome game. I'm posting to ask the OP and all contributors for permission to mirror the content in these guides to the new wiki.

Thanks

Temporary wiki URL:
http://hellsinker.alfe.nosubstance.us/
Hellsinker English wiki: http://wiki.hellsinker.tk/
Hakuromatsu

Post by Hakuromatsu »

How do you unlock Segment Location? I've beaten the first two segments with Fossil Maiden and Dead Liar, and there's no option for it on the main menu. Is it one of the Segment 4 unlockables?

I can't possibly imagine trying to 1CC this game without stage practice....
mjclark
Banned User

Post by mjclark »

OK- the last two times I've played through Segment 4 I've met Rusted Dragon but the previous three times I didn't and the segment just kinda timed out with no boss before taking me to the Shrine Of Farewell.
What accounts for the boss' failure to appear on those previous occasions?

Also I can't stop playing this and don't want to play anything else anymore-like once I'd had real coffee I couldn't drink instant again- woooooohhhhh!!!!!!
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

Rusted Dragon won't appear under some circumstances - it mostly has to do with low hearts going into Stage 4 or just not killing shit fast enough. Rusted Dragon is pretty good to replenish Terra with (kill both wings once and then kill one wing again, and you get ~40 Terra plus a crapload of destructible bullets), so I'd learn stage 4 so you can consistently trigger him.

If you don't want to trigger Shrine so early, I suggest you take 3 Behind, too - boss is easy via exploits and you can kill off the squids that briefly appear to get +2 terra or so each.
mjclark
Banned User

Post by mjclark »

RNGmaster wrote:Rusted Dragon won't appear under some circumstances - it mostly has to do with low hearts going into Stage 4 or just not killing shit fast enough.
Thanks- yeah the times it didn't appear I think I only had one heart...
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

If you're playing Fossilmaiden you can just use your placed turret to kill off all the stuff in the last section of Segment 4. Minogame, of course, can just use the black homing things and kill everything.