GD: XBox 360 Shmup Achievements

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
fuse

Re: GD: XBox 360 Shmup Achievements

Post by fuse »

nZero wrote: Shikigami no Shiro III
CRI wrote:here are the character combination to unlocking every gallery pic at shikigami no shiro 3:

Kuga & Roger -- Kuga & Kim -- Kuga & Nagino
Roger & Hyuga -- Hyuga & Fumiko
Fumiko & Emilio -- Fumiko & Reika
Reika & Roger -- Roger & Munch
Batou & Kim -- Batou & Nagino -- Batou & Kuga
Munch & Kim -- Reika & Munch
--
Anything else to these at all? I've finished the game with each character so have all the scenario clears, and using most of these combinations an achievement popped up mid-way through the game. Do I still need to carry on to finish that game?

I only say this as a few combinations (Roger & Hyuga / Batou & Kim / Reika & Munch, from memory) didn't unlock anything, and I'm currently short of about 6 achievements, not including the Extreme I / II / III ones.

Cheers for any help :)
nZero

Post by nZero »

Added Mamoru-kun to the main post due to it's recent release. I don't own the game, and I honestly didn't enjoy it any when I tried the arcade version, so please let me know if the requirements are clear and accurate.

Also, fixed up the formatting to make things more legible on the new forum and reordered the game list a bit.
TodayIsForgotten

Post by TodayIsForgotten »

nZero wrote:Added Mamoru-kun to the main post due to it's recent release. I don't own the game, and I honestly didn't enjoy it any when I tried the arcade version, so please let me know if the requirements are clear and accurate.

Also, fixed up the formatting to make things more legible on the new forum and reordered the game list a bit.
What exactly is esca?
nZero

Post by nZero »

TodayIsForgotten wrote:
nZero wrote:Added Mamoru-kun to the main post due to it's recent release. I don't own the game, and I honestly didn't enjoy it any when I tried the arcade version, so please let me know if the requirements are clear and accurate.

What exactly is esca?
A copy and paste error, thanks for spotting that :oops: Judging from what I'm reading, it seems like you only see all of the required enemies if you take a particular route through the stage. When I get back from vacation I'll try to translate the requirements/locations
TodayIsForgotten

Post by TodayIsForgotten »

nZero wrote:
TodayIsForgotten wrote:

What exactly is esca?
A copy and paste error, thanks for spotting that :oops: Judging from what I'm reading, it seems like you only see all of the required enemies if you take a particular route through the stage. When I get back from vacation I'll try to translate the requirements/locations
That makes sense. I translated the recent achievement i got and it went all over the place in description (poor translation). Sounds good on the last part.
Xingmeng

Post by Xingmeng »

nZero wrote: Death Smiles

SECRET ACHIEVEMENTS
  • 大食漢 (25)
    Absorb/cancel a total of 65535 bullets with your option/familiar
Death Smiles Mega Black Label
  • 実力の半分 (5)
    Enter Power-up mode at exactly 500
  • 欲張りもん (25)
    Build the counter to over 50,000
Can someone explain to me those achievements requests?
antares

Post by antares »

I got Mamoru-kun yesterday and enjoy it very much so far.
大神鴉撃破 (30)
Clear the Original Mission in Arcade Mode
So, what exactly is the Original Mission?
WTB: Arkanoid II Revenge Of Doh PCB, Outzone PCB, Fixeight PCB
fuse

Post by fuse »

Xingmeng wrote:
nZero wrote: Death Smiles

SECRET ACHIEVEMENTS
  • 大食漢 (25)
    Absorb/cancel a total of 65535 bullets with your option/familiar
Death Smiles Mega Black Label
  • 実力の半分 (5)
    Enter Power-up mode at exactly 500
  • 欲張りもん (25)
    Build the counter to over 50,000
Can someone explain to me those achievements requests?
The 65535 bullets refers to the suicide bullets you get when you're in death mode / death mode 2; place your familiar in the path of the small cross-shaped bullets and it will absorb them. This count is cumulative across all of your playthroughs on arcade mode, so keep playing on high ranks and you should get this eventually.

The other two are specific to MBL; one requires you to activate powerup mode (left + right shots together) when your counter is *exactly* on 500 (MBL allows you to do this, in 'vanilla' DS you must be at 1000), whilst the other refers to your base multiplier which is underneath the counter. Powering up on 500 exactly requires a bit of luck in all honesty, just keep a very close eye on it whenever you're near, whilst getting the counter to 50,000 is more about playing for score. Personally I found it tough to get things high too early on, but once I started using the Ice Palace EX stage, the suicide bullets helped out greatly.

On that note, anyone able to help me on Shooting Love 200X?
リフティング王 (20)
After the section of Stage 2 with the two turrets and the tanks, the robot in the middle will toss up a rock. Bounce it with your ship at least 4 times. I like the 2P ship's wide shot form for this
I am struggling with this one - no matter what I seem to do I cannot get the rock to bounce? Is there a prefered method of dealing with the tanks / turrets as well before trying this? Can't help but feel I am being incredibly dense here.
nZero

Post by nZero »

antares wrote:So, what exactly is the Original Mission?
Not sure what exactly the missions are, but judging from the name of the achievement, I'm going to guess it's the mission for the last boss stage that you get forced into if you clear a stage with less than a minute left on the timer.
fuse wrote:The other two are specific to MBL; one requires you to activate powerup mode (left + right shots together) when your counter is *exactly* on 500 (MBL allows you to do this, in 'vanilla' DS you must be at 1000), whilst the other refers to your base multiplier which is underneath the counter. Powering up on 500 exactly requires a bit of luck in all honesty, just keep a very close eye on it whenever you're near, whilst getting the counter to 50,000 is more about playing for score. Personally I found it tough to get things high too early on, but once I started using the Ice Palace EX stage, the suicide bullets helped out greatly.
Yeah, Ice Palace is great for massively boosting your base multiplier counter, just keep entering power-up mode and eating suicide bullets. As far as an easy method for activating at 500:

Play Lakeshore (1-C) at Lvl 1 as your first stage. Ignore the dragons, destroy the first 2 train cars with laser (+280), ignore the flying eyes, destroy the next train car with laser (+140), then destroy the 4 dogs that appear (+80) and enter power-up mode for the achievement.
fuse wrote:
リフティング王 (20)
After the section of Stage 2 with the two turrets and the tanks, the robot in the middle will toss up a rock. Bounce it with your ship at least 4 times. I like the 2P ship's wide shot form for this
I am struggling with this one - no matter what I seem to do I cannot get the rock to bounce? Is there a prefered method of dealing with the tanks / turrets as well before trying this? Can't help but feel I am being incredibly dense here.
You should have destroyed both of the turrets and all of the tanks before it tosses the rock. You can point blank one turret to destroy it before it can even fire or produce more than a couple of tanks. As far as bouncing the rock, just keep an eye on where it's headed and keep your ship centered under it. Once you've managed it once, it shouldn't be too tough to figure out :)
antares

Post by antares »

nZero wrote:
antares wrote:So, what exactly is the Original Mission?
Not sure what exactly the missions are, but judging from the name of the achievement, I'm going to guess it's the mission for the last boss stage that you get forced into if you clear a stage with less than a minute left on the timer.
It is indeed. But you have to get there on the highest difficult level (6 stars). If you're not the background during the stage will be just black and you won't get it.

The next I'm wondering about is the Clear Story Mode (50) achievement.
I played through the first loop in story mode and got the achievement for entering the second loop and then I cleared the second loop and nothing happened, the game just started over again. Anyone knows how to clear it?
Xingmeng

Post by Xingmeng »

nZero wrote:...
As far as an easy method for activating at 500:

Play Lakeshore (1-C) at Lvl 1 as your first stage. Ignore the dragons, destroy the first 2 train cars with laser (+280), ignore the flying eyes, destroy the next train car with laser (+140), then destroy the 4 dogs that appear (+80) and enter power-up mode for the achievement.
i did try that, easily got the right 500 but when i activated power up mode pressing A+B, the achievement note didnt appear
Rupert H

Post by Rupert H »

What character are you using for the 500 crowns Deathsmiles achievements? Even when I follow the method described using the a+b shot I get a randon number of crowns back and never have exactly 500. :(

Also, when selecting your character, what are the two different options you get by moving up or down?
nZero

Post by nZero »

Rupert H wrote:What character are you using for the 500 crowns Deathsmiles achievements? Even when I follow the method described using the a+b shot I get a randon number of crowns back and never have exactly 500. :(

Also, when selecting your character, what are the two different options you get by moving up or down?
Pretty sure I got it with either Sakura or Rosa. Make sure you're fairly close when you kill them so that you collect the items before they bounce. You can also use the lockshot to manage your counter value if you're close.

The option at the character select screen is whether or not you need to see the tutorial.
Rupert H

Post by Rupert H »

Ah, I was foolishly trying to achieve this using the A&B lock-on when I should have been using the hold-button laser. Got it first attempt. Many thanks.
Patmaster

Post by Patmaster »

Are the Score achievements in DS linked to the 360 or Arcade Version of the game or ar they obtainable in Ver1.1 or even MBL?
shmup-systems: jap. Jasper 360 with a custom DC/360 fully Seimitsu modded Arcadestick, PAL Matrix Infinity modded PStwo with a Sanwa(RG)/Seimitsu modded HRAP2! (^_^)
nZero

Post by nZero »

Patmaster wrote:Are the Score achievements in DS linked to the 360 or Arcade Version of the game or ar they obtainable in Ver1.1 or even MBL?
They're only for Arcade/360 modes. No score-related achievements for v1.1 or MBL.
antares

Post by antares »

If anyone is going for the Mamorukun achievements you may find it tricky to get these two:

ギャラリー完成 (50)
Unlock all of the pictures in the Gallery

You have to:
Play every stage with every character in arcade mode
Defeat the normal and the true last boss
Clear Story Mode (see next achievement)
Defeat the powered up version of every boss who is related to a character with that character (see secret achievements) and then 1cc the game (I think you must also face the TLB).

ワタシの名前は... (50)
Clear Story Mode

To clear it you have to achieve all 10 secret story mode achievements during one loop. If you fail to achieve everything the game will loop up to 6 times, depending on how much of the requirements you have met.
Patmaster

Post by Patmaster »

The Clear Story Ach. sounds really hard, I will not attempt this one... Getting every secret achievement means, that you have to select the chars in the right order, die in the right order and complete the last level no miss. pfffffffffffff... NEVER!
shmup-systems: jap. Jasper 360 with a custom DC/360 fully Seimitsu modded Arcadestick, PAL Matrix Infinity modded PStwo with a Sanwa(RG)/Seimitsu modded HRAP2! (^_^)
Damocles

Post by Damocles »

In Raiden IV, do the Fairy or Fighting Thunder disable achievements?
Gbras

Post by Gbras »

Does anyone has the Mamuro kun achieve guide?
Doctor Fugue

Post by Doctor Fugue »

It is on the first page, between Death Smiles and Skikigami no Shiro III. The achievements are translated there, and you will find other helpful hints in some other places like 5 posts above yours.
Havocks

Post by Havocks »

Hi,
I have found the achievements for Mushihime 2 here.
But I don't speak Japanese well enough to translate them ^^
Patmaster

Post by Patmaster »

I found the achievements for Futari 1.5 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game ... ievements/

can anyone translate please? :D
nZero

Post by nZero »

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 87#p522287

Saved me a bit of effort, you guys did ;)

I'll add the achievements to the main post after the game's released
nZero

Post by nZero »

Mushihime Futari v1.5 GET

Secret Achievements confirmed so far:

- Start a game with Palm
- Get an extend
- Pick Ultra mode, then when it asks if you're really ready to die, say no (いいえ, default option)
- Move the cursor off of Original on the mode select screen, then let time run out
- Don't touch the controls for 5 seconds straight during gameplay (dying once or twice during this interval is ok :lol:)
- Get a gameover while the 1up item (Stage 5) is on screen

Unconfirmed

- Earn a score extend from picking up a power-up item or a bomb (items are worth 500pts; at max power, P is worth 10k, at full bomb stock, B is worth 100k)
- Clear the 1st stage of Ultra w/o continue, clear 3rd and 5th stages of ultra within a limited no. of continues (Ver 1.5 only)

Also, here is a map to help you get all of the lanterns and the 1up in Stage 5.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

No matter what I do, the achievement for not touching the controls isn't coming out. Is there something I'm missing?

EDIT: Nevermind, turns out I already had it... apparently I got it during regular play somehow o.O
sideshow

Post by sideshow »

I cant seem to unlock the nurse second ending in Death Smiles. All the other characters 2 endings unlocked. I tried beat the game with Follet a couple times on xbox360 mode and still no unlock. Its the achievement with the green dragon icon that is worth 5 gamerpoints. The damn thing wont unlock.
antares

Post by antares »

sideshow wrote:I cant seem to unlock the nurse second ending in Death Smiles. All the other characters 2 endings unlocked. I tried beat the game with Follet a couple times on xbox360 mode and still no unlock. Its the achievement with the green dragon icon that is worth 5 gamerpoints. The damn thing wont unlock.
Maybe the achievement for seeing Folletts bath scene 10 times is the one you're missing?
laurie47

Post by laurie47 »

May I ask if there is anywhere you can see the achievement picture along with the translation.
I get a bit confused matching the kanji to the achievements I have and do not have respectively.
Thanks.
sideshow

Post by sideshow »

antares wrote:
sideshow wrote:I cant seem to unlock the nurse second ending in Death Smiles. All the other characters 2 endings unlocked. I tried beat the game with Follet a couple times on xbox360 mode and still no unlock. Its the achievement with the green dragon icon that is worth 5 gamerpoints. The damn thing wont unlock.
Maybe the achievement for seeing Folletts bath scene 10 times is the one you're missing?
According to the achievement guide the Follet bath scene achievement viewed 10 times is worth 25g. The one that I am missing is worth 5g. This is the achievement in kanji:

みんなでお風呂

フォレットでジルバラードに残りましょう!

The picture next to the achievement has a green dragon. Is this one of Follet's endings?