RQ: Best stage order to start out with in Raycrisis??...

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
dave4shmups

RQ: Best stage order to start out with in Raycrisis??...

Post by dave4shmups »

I am a beginner at this game, so I'd like to know what the best stage order would be to try and beat this game.
sjewkestheloon

Post by sjewkestheloon »

this would be helpful to me also as i picked it up a couple of days ago. what i have found helpful is choosing all 3 stages as the same stage to notice the difficulty increase between the different stages to find an easily completable 3rd stage.

i'll investigate to find my preference and report back.
Randorama

Post by Randorama »

Uhm, i would suggest you to toy around a bit with the stages and see how do you fare with the bosses...Emotion (the desert one, at any case) is technically the easiest, and please keep in mind that you can choose the same stage for all levels (i.e. you can just repeat it three times, of course it will become more difficult). The best combination for score should be No.5, but i can't recall which stages are and in which sequence. Also, don't forget that you can move your lock-on grid!
Chomsky, Buckminster Fuller, Yunus and Glass would have played Battle Garegga, for sure.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

"Also, don't forget that you can move your lock-on grid!"

What do you mean by that??
:?
Randorama

Post by Randorama »

dave4shmups wrote:"Also, don't forget that you can move your lock-on grid!"

What do you mean by that??
:?
When you move down, the lock-on grid will move down too, and go up if you go on neutral/up. Thanks to this mechanic, you can lock-on enemies which are normally too low for the default distance. Nothing too radical, but it's still pretty useful in some situations.
Chomsky, Buckminster Fuller, Yunus and Glass would have played Battle Garegga, for sure.